Tell us about your time at the Wanenmacher's Tulsa Arms Show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't make it out to Wanenmacher's today as I had to work. However, since I work at a Walmart in the sporting goods department, I can report that I had one customer buy ammo from me after buying a Glock 19 at the show. When I asked him why he didn't pick up ammo there, he told me there were too many people at the show and he just wanted to leave! I also had a customer pick up a Maverick 12 gauge after looking for one at the show.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sold two of the Uzi's I had, two AK's, 1 SKS, one mauser, one luger and traded the boat anchor called a Laseraim 45 for a Smith and Wesson airweight. Prices were high as a cat's back. I did get to hang out with three of my closest friends and made it over to Goldies for a burger afterwards. It was a good day.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't make it out to Wanenmacher's today as I had to work. However, since I work at a Walmart in the sporting goods department, I can report that I had one customer buy ammo from me after buying a Glock 19 at the show. When I asked him why he didn't pick up ammo there, he told me there were too many people at the show and he just wanted to leave! I also had a customer pick up a Maverick 12 gauge after looking for one at the show.

Are you still getting Perfecta ammo at WM?

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
it was good meeting Perplexed, wished I could of talked a little bit, but I have strep and I was having a hard time talking.
I sold a milsurp aimpoint compm2, I got more than I had in it and the guy that bought it got a good deal. I then traded a rifle and the cash from the aimpoint for a glock 26. So, in the end I have about $300 in a glock 26, not a bad day.
I wanted to pick up a couple of quality LPKs, which I had seen some but I decided to shop and come back if I didn't see a better deal. I could not find the vender that had them when I went to back.
I found some H4350 powder, but he vendor had it priced too high, so I did not buy it.
My future son in law went with me and had a great time. He wanted to get a Ruger mark IV, but he didn't see the color he wanted at a good price.
I did not see a lot of buying going on.
All of the free BO you could get.
I saw a vendor that had about 6" of his table cloth on the floor. a guy stepped on it and a nice gun fell off a rack on to the concrete. the vendor was pissed and the guy was saying he was sorry, but it was not his fault. I hung out until the guy walked off. I was going to give him my name and number if they had called security.

MikieG7174

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Went with my son today. I didnt see anything that made me HAVE to spend my money. The stuff i wanted could be found on line any day of the week cheaper even after shipping.
My son saw a guy selling an AR15A2 HBAR upper for $225 unfired w/o bcg or charging handle. After the guy turned the seller down, my boy walked right up and offered $200 and snatched that puppy. $13 later he had a charging handle. He is building a Camp Perry gun for next year.
Wish i woulda saw Hickock45. Love his vids!.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably the craziest high-price item I saw was a vendor selling a Century CETME for $2100! I saw the rifle and price tag, and flipped it over expecting to see "MARS" on the receiver. Nope. But it did have 10 mags that came with it.....LOL! I rolled my eyes and walked on. Might sneak back today and buy an FAL from a walkaround that still has it, as of post-show last night. If that happens, that'll be all she wrote for this installment. I'll be flat broke. Wish I could have seen and met Hickock45 myself; my youngest would have been thrilled.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_0193.JPG
IMG_0196.JPG
I went looking for vintage boxed s&w's, of course. Covered all of the upper deck and about a quarter of the lower. Crowds were not bad and the scooter mafia was lighter than usual. I did get behind three scooters traveling together so had to skip that isle. Sister in law took advantage of the s&w shield deal with $75 rebate. It will be a flat $250 after she gets the rebate back. I found a nice gold boxed m&p for a price I was happy with.

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, I spent most of the day in bed yesterday. I actually totally forgot about the show. Working nights sucks *****.

I don't know if I want to take The Boy and go today or not... I'd only be able to go for a couple of hours at most, got stuff to do tonite. <sigh> I have a little play money, but not as much as I'd really want going into a show like that, unless I bring a gun or two to sell - kinda like sellin' a kidney, I'm pretty attached to most of mine. lol

SnowCamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me and a couple friends went up yesterday and had a good time looking around but didn't buy any guns. One of my buddies is kicking himself for passing up a Cooper in .222.
We did run across Hickok45 and got to shake his hand. Pretty cool.

Latest posts

Top Bottom