Tell us about your time at the Wanenmacher's Tulsa Arms Show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Me and a couple friends went up yesterday and had a good time looking around but didn't buy any guns. One of my buddies is kicking himself for passing up a Cooper in .222.
We did run across Hickok45 and got to shake his hand. Pretty cool.

Just how big was Hickok45's hand?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got out a couple of rifles and had them ready to go, then decided to just skip the whole thing. I'd be stupid to bring ARs to sell at this show, considering this is the lowest the market has ever been. lol. I don't want to go to the show with no money to spend, and selling a couple of ARs at sub-rock bottom prices to fund pocket money is just dumb. Not really sure what I'd be looking for, anyways, except a 2-4" revolver or lever gun in .357 or .44 mag. Other than that, can't really think of anything I'd really want.

So, maybe next time.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pics of the LEAD rebuilt M1 Garand I picked up yesterday. 5.4M serial number dated about 1954, rebuilt about 11 years later at Letterkenny Army Depot with a Springfield barrel dated 12-64. If there's any wear on this barrel, it's not measurable, and it's from the run of 1960s SA barrels known for better-than-average accuracy. The stock set is all birch, with few dents or nicks, and the lockup is TIGHT, needing a mallet to close the trigger guard. Mix of mostly post-war SA parts with a 77 series op rod; the neat feature is the LEAD ink triangle on the stock. Most of these markings were faintly stamped, or were worn away either through use or cleaning, or both. On this stock, it's still clear and legible, so I was quite pleased with that and the overall acquisition.

IMG_1940.JPG
IMG_1941.JPG
IMG_1942.JPG

BlackRifle

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went with my son as usual. He scored on some Roman silver coins,that ended up being worth almost twice what he paid. I bought a AR 15 lower,and CMMG parts kit to build it. Also got a good deal on some Armscor .357 magnum. Also,as usual the bathroom smell was brutal.LOL

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think I would have recognized hickok45 if he shook my hand. My attention was focused mainly on Garands - and the Tactical Girls ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom