Tesla Charge station?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well Hell! Why don't we just make coal power cars and eliminate the middle man? And all the upkeep on the transmission lines? And the cost of putting up charging stations?

Woody
We used to make coal powered cars that had unlimited horsepower.
They weren't very fast though.
www.robertsarmory.com_gas1.jpg

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are two spaces with hookups on the second level of the Williams/BOK Central Parking North Garage next to the Jazz hall of fame in Tulsa.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never noticed any charging stations in Tulsa, or east toward St. Louis ( I 44)?

Per the Tesla site... Closest supercharger to Tulsa is around or at the Hard Rock. Other then that the only other Tulsa option on their website is the downtown holiday inn (16KW marked for guests only). I'd totally consider installing one at the Campbell if I thought it would bring sort of value to the buildings customers. If tesla would pay for the metered electricity and provide the unit I'd even install it at my cost.

There are two spaces with hookups on the second level of the Williams/BOK Central Parking North Garage next to the Jazz hall of fame in Tulsa.

I wonder how much current they could provide. Are they Free to use?

Pliskin

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
How long do those take to charge?

I've heard 150mi of charge in 20min or 300mi in 1.5hours with a good charger. One of the drawbacks is charge time, won't matter for most people but It will get faster than filling up at the pump with some time for development. Fill up at home and unless you drive long range you never have to stop anyway. You can look forward to 400+ mile ranges very soon on high end models.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are co-hosts in an RV park in Kanab, Utah. Our park is small and in a small town (roughly 5000 people, not counting tourists) and we are listed in Tesla's book for a charging station. From what I have seen, Tesla provides adapters that allow one to plug their car into any of the outlets of an RV site. A 50 amp socket will charge them faster than a 30 amp or 20 amp. So, I suspect one could get recharged in any RV park, but it might take a while and cost the same as an RV site.

In our case, considering out travel and "space" needs, I would NEVER own a Tesla. It can't go as far in a day nor carry as much as our Ford Expedition does. Plus, they probably don't like dirt roads either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom