Texas Javelina Hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a pic of the other brother's Javi. He just sent me one tonight. It weighed 48 lbs.
ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_javelinahuntinTexas2010013.jpg

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We went down to Laredo about 8 years ago on a Javelina hunt, and had a blast. Never thought I would drive so far to put a stick in a pig, but we did. It was the only place that I had to wipe snow off of the windshield in the morning, and were sunburnt by that afternoon.

We took a friend of ours son with us, scouted for a good spot for about 3 hours, found a big spot, cactus chewed up, ground rooted around, all fresh trails in and out of it, so we figured we would hunt there. Stopped and were figuring out where to put everyone, and heard something. Turned around, and here was this 14 year old kid peeing right in the middle of the scrape. I coulda killed him.

Had a lot of fun though, got chased by a badger, killed some jackrabbits that were freakin huge! Several rattlesnakes, by the way, if you want a thrill, shoot a bow at a rattlesnake with a judo point, and miss right beside him, LOL!

Saw a few bobcat tracks, killed a dillo, and had a great camp!

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We went down to Laredo about 8 years ago on a Javelina hunt, and had a blast. Never thought I would drive so far to put a stick in a pig, but we did. It was the only place that I had to wipe snow off of the windshield in the morning, and were sunburnt by that afternoon.

We took a friend of ours son with us, scouted for a good spot for about 3 hours, found a big spot, cactus chewed up, ground rooted around, all fresh trails in and out of it, so we figured we would hunt there. Stopped and were figuring out where to put everyone, and heard something. Turned around, and here was this 14 year old kid peeing right in the middle of the scrape. I coulda killed him.

Had a lot of fun though, got chased by a badger, killed some jackrabbits that were freakin huge! Several rattlesnakes, by the way, if you want a thrill, shoot a bow at a rattlesnake with a judo point, and miss right beside him, LOL!

Saw a few bobcat tracks, killed a dillo, and had a great camp!

Sounds like you had a blast. We thought we might see some snakes but never did. Did you guys get any javis on your trip? We were expecting to see lots of rabbits on our hunt but the population had crashed and we saw very few. One jack and 3 cottontails the whole trip for me. We saw a couple coyotes and many mule deer but that was about all the wildlife on our trip.

Latest posts

Top Bottom