"Thank goodness they didn't have a gun"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1.The anti-gun crowd is quite fond of quoting foreign law. 2. I am 70 years old, If I were to be assaulted by a "group of young men", or even one, with a machete, I would probably arrive, rather rapidly, at the idea, that the furtherance of my life was not their primary concern.

I like the way you talk.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, Super Dave. My guess is that they called it a machete because that is more innocent sounding than "short sword." That tanto tip makes it much more a sword than a machete; that tip is designed for sticking, as the video demonstrates. It looks like a really cool blade!

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1.The anti-gun crowd is quite fond of quoting foreign law. I would be just as quick to point out it's irrelevance if I were in their presence at the time as I did here. 2. I am 70 years old, If I were to be assaulted by a "group of young men", or even one, with a machete, I would probably arrive, rather rapidly, at the idea, that the furtherance of my life was not their primary concern. I am not saying he(or you) wouldn't have been justified in the use of deadly force, them being younger, disparity of force, etc. he had a lot going for him had he felt the need to use a firearm were he so equipped. What I am saying is in the end no one was seriously hurt or killed in any of the scenarios mentioned so for the Anti's, they could say "See, you don't need a gun. They won't kill you if you don't resist."

BAHH Message length since it was all in the quote!

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Judges With GUNS
Proposed law gives jurists special rights to carry concealed weapons

An obscure measure in a new federal court "housekeeping" bill would allow federal judges to carry concealed weapons virtually anywhere, particularly while in court, but also while traveling -- regardless of concealed-carry laws in specific states.

an increasing number of federal judges say they are interested in helping provide for their own safety and have expressed their desire to become exempt from many federal and state firearms laws that affect ordinary citizens, according to a Jan. 14 report in the Law News Network

U.S. District Senior Judge Norman Roettger told the Internet-based legal news service that although "U.S. Marshals haven't lost anybody they had under their protection, ... even so you always have a perhaps disquieting feeling that in the long run you are the first line of your own defense."

And, because there are enough federal judges who want to carry concealed guns, the U.S. Judicial Conference -- an organization that speaks for the nation's federal bench -- is asking Congress to free them from having to comply with state and local gun laws and regulations. Instead, the judges would come up with their own firearm rules.

"But, courthouses are the judges' areas and they make the rules for themselves," said Marshal's Service spokesman William Licatovich.

Daniel Schultz, co-founder and former president of the Lawyer's Second Amendment Society, said he sees obvious discrepancies -- and a healthy dose of hypocrisy -- in the bill.

"On its face, it's just another bill designed to place federal officials above the 'little people,'" Schultz told WorldNetDaily. "How can a federal judge carrying a concealed weapon make a ruling in a gun case against some guy who didn't have a permit but was trying to protect himself -- just like the judge -- under the guise of the Second Amendment?"

http://www.sweetliberty.org/issues/guns/judges.htm

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The real world does occasionally intrude - even into the lives of the leftest elites. But do they learn from it or cling even tighter to their misguided principles? Apparently the second.

Latest posts

Top Bottom