The anti-gun platform will be the nail in the democrats coffin.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anti gun sentiment isn't specific to Dems sanjuro. But I see where you're coming from. I think the majority of Democraps probably support gun ownership to the point of siding with the NRA on the issue. I suspect there are as many Democraps who are members of the NRA as there are Republicans. As for Obama's agenda, he can cry and whine all he wants, it'll be Republicans AND Dems who put a stop to whatever anti gun legislation he proposes in his second term. Republicans can't do it alone. Maybe I'm wrong but I hope not.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anti gun sentiment isn't specific to Dems sanjuro. But I see where you're coming from. I think the majority of Democraps probably support gun ownership to the point of siding with the NRA on the issue. I suspect there are as many Democraps who are members of the NRA as there are Republicans. As for Obama's agenda, he can cry and whine all he wants, it'll be Republicans AND Dems who put a stop to whatever anti gun legislation he proposes in his second term. Republicans can't do it alone. Maybe I'm wrong but I hope not.

I agree that gun control is not specific to democrats. My point is I hold a lot more sway and gravity writing a letter to an anti-gun republican or even a "nra endorsed" republican who is compromising on an issue than I do a democrat. The changes on party platforms and the agenda of an administration come from that party's base, not from the outside. If gun-owning democrats want gun control to be no longer a part of their party platform, THEY'RE the ones who need to stop sticking their heads in the sand and get it done.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really think someday in my lifetime, Gun owners will have to sit down with the anti's and have a negotiation on gun laws. Either we'll negotiate or get something rammed down our throats.

And it wont matter who the POTUS is.

The entire point of having a 2nd amendment and not giving any more ground on it is so that we DON'T get something rammed down our throats. Why should 164 million gun owners in this country kowtow or negotiate ANYTHING to the anti's?

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Find me a democrat that can and will repeal the Hughes amendment to the FOPA and I'll vote for him.

I would cast my vote for the Bummer tomorrow if he did away that piece of crap with an executive order.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1. There are plenty of pro-gun Democrats. At least 2 of them are running for Congress from Oklahoma.
2. The Democratic party has pretty much figured out that gun control is a third-rail issue. People like Feinstein and Boxer are making noise to fire up their constituencies but that's mostly it.
3. There's very little correlation between a party's platform and their actual policies when they govern.
Also

They're probably not lying. Almost no one reads it.

The other possibility, which isn't mentioned, is that no one else they talked to wants to ban guns.

I know I'll get ignored and/or shouted down with "BUT THE FOX NEWS SAID THAT OBUMMER'S TAKIN OUR GUNS" but I just thought I'd try to counteract some of the election-year FUD that's being spread.

This. All one needs is to look at the GOP party platform and values to recognize that they rarely follow them. :(

Those plenteous pro-gun Democrats are guilty as charged of allowing this into their platform. Looking out for the interests of their constituents requires a bit more than just avoiding direct complicity in harming them.

You mean like they were guilty when opposing the 2/3rds vote on support for Israel and were ignored? Yet another thing the DNC and RNC have in common, ignoring their own delegates when it suits them.

I really think someday in my lifetime, Gun owners will have to sit down with the anti's and have a negotiation on gun laws. Either we'll negotiate or get something rammed down our throats.And it wont matter who the POTUS is.

Foolishly naive. The gun grabbers will never be happy with any compromise. It's not about guns, it's about control. They fear what they can't govern and control. No negotiation will ever satisfy that beast. :(

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This. All one needs is to look at the GOP party platform and values to recognize that they rarely follow them. :(

You mean like they were guilty when opposing the 2/3rds vote on support for Israel and were ignored? Yet another thing the DNC and RNC have in common, ignoring their own delegates when it suits them.

Foolishly naive. The gun grabbers will never be happy with any compromise. It's not about guns, it's about control. They fear what they can't govern and control. No negotiation will ever satisfy that beast. :(

i agree 100% but im not so naive to think we wont have to have their "common sense" discussion sometime in the near future.

Even if the GOP dominated governement, we're just a few mass killings away, from government intervention.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

No but I could see them using a compromise reached from compelled reasonable negotiations as stepping stone.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Find me a democrat that can and will repeal the Hughes amendment to the FOPA and I'll vote for him.

I would cast my vote for the Bummer tomorrow if he did away that piece of crap with an executive order.

Obunghole would have to throw in the NFA too before I'd vote for him. If he did that I might could vote for him.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Dang, lol, i liked yall better when ya said you wouldnt vote for Obama no matter what. Now ya would vote for him if he could do the impossible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom