The beer diet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKfella

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd be a wee bit concerned about protein.

IIRC, your body will obtain protein from other areas of the body (including vital organs) to cover a shortage.

IANAD (I am not a doctor)... :drunk2:

Absolutely.

I have a friend, her father diets with beer and jerky, like a two week diet of nothing but beer and jerky. Loses weight, too.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back many years ago, like in the late '70's, a cousin of the wife's family came out to the farm from Pennsylvania, and the biggest thing I noticed about him was that he ALWAYS had a beer in his hand when awake. I asked about it, and he told me that he had to have much of his stomach removed, thus he couldn't digest food like normal people. He claimed that his doctor told him that he could get enough nutrients from beer as he would otherwise.

I'm not sure that I ever got my head to believe that.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
there's a headache in every can of Bud. Tequila...Cabo Wabo, the non aged stuff,,,smooth without that nasty bite that gives me the heebie jeebies

Back when my wallet was thinner and taste buds were a little less refined I thought Cuervo was for sipping, then I spent some more money and found the better stuff and have left the heebie jeebies to the younger folk and use Cuervo for mixing LOL!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back when my wallet was thinner and taste buds were a little less refined I thought Cuervo was for sipping, then I spent some more money and found the better stuff and have left the heebie jeebies to the younger folk and use Cuervo for mixing LOL!
Man, after some tequila tours in Mexico through the craft tequila distillers, I will never touch Cuervo again. Tequila is like wine. There are varieties like MD-2020 wine and there are tequila's like a fine aged bordeaux. No salt or lime required to kill the nasty taste like Cuervo requires.

Latest posts

Top Bottom