The Best Beef Jerky

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw this thread a few days ago and ordered a sampler from jerky.com on Sunday (I think?). It arrived today.

I got the "Easier-to-Chew Jerky Combo" that includes:
1 - Bricktown Jerky - Original Beef Jerky
1 - Bricktown Jerky - Teriyaki Beef Jerky
1 - Bricktown Jerky - Honey Pepper Beef Jerky
1 - Bricktown Jerky - Sweet BBQ Beef Jerky
1 - Bricktown Jerky - Spicy Beef Jerky

It's rather underwhelming IMO. "Sweet" seems to be the main ingredient. :/

- The Original just tastes sweet, with very little flavor. I was really disappointed with this one.
- The Honey Pepper mostly just tastes sweet as well, though it is slightly different from the original.
- The Teriyaki only has a subtle flavor, and again, the sweetness is very noticeable.
- The Spicy... isn't very. It finally gets slightly warm if you eat enough of it. Not much flavor there either other than sweet, but it's probably less sweet than the first 3.
- And finally...
The Sweet BBQ. Believe it or not, this tasted less sweet than most (all?) of the others, and is the only one with a smoked flavor. It's also the only one of this group that I'd even consider ordering again.

Never dreamed that "Sweet BBQ" would be my pick. :D

The jerky is not hard, but not overly soft either. It's about the same texture as Sweetie used to make years ago.

Hers tasted much better though. :drunk2:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This used to be the best. They opened another plant up by Stillwater somewhere and now 7-11 has it. Not the same greatness as it was when I could only find it in the NW part of the state but it's not bad. Pretty pricey too. :(

@Mad Professor, I'm going to have to try some Ralph's.
https://www.nmlbeefjerky.com/

logo.png

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw this thread a few days ago and ordered a sampler from jerky.com on Sunday (I think?). It arrived today.

- The Original just tastes sweet, with very little flavor. I was really disappointed with this one.
- The Honey Pepper mostly just tastes sweet as well, though it is slightly different from the original.
- The Teriyaki only has a subtle flavor, and again, the sweetness is very noticeable.
- The Spicy... isn't very. It finally gets slightly warm if you eat enough of it. Not much flavor there either other than sweet, but it's probably less sweet than the first 3.
- And finally...
The Sweet BBQ. Believe it or not, this tasted less sweet than most (all?) of the others, and is the only one with a smoked flavor. It's also the only one of this group that I'd even consider ordering again.

The jerky is not hard, but not overly soft either. It's about the same texture as Sweetie used to make years ago.

Thanks for the review. I'm not really into the sweet tasting jerky. I do like mine with a little kick to it though.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This used to be the best. They opened another plant up by Stillwater somewhere and now 7-11 has it. Not the same greatness as it was when I could only find it in the NW part of the state but it's not bad. Pretty pricey too. :(

@Mad Professor, I'm going to have to try some Ralph's.
https://www.nmlbeefjerky.com/

View attachment 134590

I pick up the No Mans Land brand every once in a while. Pretty good!!

If you are driving through Perkins, turn west on the last street on the north side of town. You can’t miss it. Take an ice chest, because there are plenty of other goodies in the freezers.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pick up the No Mans Land brand every once in a while. Pretty good!!

If you are driving through Perkins, turn west on the last street on the north side of town. You can’t miss it. Take an ice chest, because there are plenty of other goodies in the freezers.
Road trip !! But I'll just have to get what I can in my saddle bags.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the review. I'm not really into the sweet tasting jerky. I do like mine with a little kick to it though.
Yeah, pretty much the same here. I just like it to be pleasantly warm though, not eye-waterin' & snot-runnin' hot. :D

Sweetie's recipe was fairly simple IIRC, maybe I can find it in her recipe box sometime (if she wrote it down).

I can't remember exactly, but her marinade was something like soy sauce (and Worcestershire maybe?) with a bit of liquid smoke, and then something for heat. Not sure whether she used black pepper, tabasco, or jalapenos (maybe even a mix?). And I don't think it had any sweeteners.

I do remember it was delicious. :drunk2:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

- And finally...

You have now sampled foo foo style jerky or designer jerky. It is the equivalent of flavored coffees etc.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have now sampled foo foo style jerky or designer jerky. It is the equivalent of flavored coffees etc.
Yeah... several foods have gone down the "sweet" hill IMO. It's hard to get a decent corny dog that doesn't taste like a dessert dish. Sheesh, they want to give ya sweet sauce with hot wings.

Maybe it's just me... :/

Latest posts

Top Bottom