The fishing frenzy has begun! Whos catching em and where?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to Fuqua on Saturday to give Arbuckle a break!

Got on the water at 11am (cause I like to sleep in) and we were decided we caught enough at around 2pm. The wind was also starting to make me spend more time dancing on the front of the boat instead of fishing!

Anyways, water temperature's are finally hitting 60*. The sand bass were tearing up spinner baits! We ended up catching a total of 11 fish, kept 6 for dinner.

The largemouth were full of eggs and appeared to be fanning their nests.

Anyone else catching anything?

I love this time of year... Turkey hunt one day and go fishing the next!

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to Texoma Saturday, the striper fishing was the worst I've ever seen. We did real good on sandies but only two small stripers. Can't wait for Oologah to pick up. Anybody been flyfishing on the Lower Illinois lately? Been thinking about making a trip down there for some trout.

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to a few places this weekend and didn't have any luck. Don't fish Texoma alot (even though I'm right there), as I much prefer the many back-area bodies of water around here. Did drive out to Texoma though and the water is really down. the worst its been in about 5 years.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I fished the Kiamich all day Friday and Saturday for crappie. The bite seemed to be either early or late, with little action midday. May have been little action because I couldn't find the fish, but once it got about 6:00 in the evening, I could find them on stumps in about 6 FOW. I just doodlesocked stumps and they were killing a black and chartreuse roadrunner. I didn't catch a whole lot, but those that I caught were pigs. Ended up with 14 fish all over 12 inches, and half of those were over 14 inches. The wind made it difficult to stay on the stumps to fish them the way I would have liked to. Got some nice big fillets and had a good fish fry last night with my free loadin friends that were too busy to fish, but not too busy to eat!

Teeeroy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was tough sledding on Arbuckle last Saturday. The fish were on beds and the few that are good at sight fishing did okay. The rest of us struggled. Out of 28 people in our mini boat tourney, only 12 caught anything. I caught one lil' swimmer under the slot, but that was it. And yeah...the wind was ridiculous!

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My brother and some buddies went with Curt's guide service at Altus-Lugert on Saturday and cleaned up on Walleyes. They limited in a few hours. All male fish. Some scent the guide had made all the difference as the people around them were not catching anything without it.

smoutside

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive been wearing them smooth out @ Konawa the last two weeks. Catching over a hundred a day consistent. Mostly sandies and sandy sized hybrids with the at least a few hybrids per trip that go 20-24inches . I guess i cant say ive caught them. My customers are the ones doing the catching. All i get to do is clean em. The fish are biting nonetheless. Water temps around 68. Just about perfect!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom