The fishing frenzy has begun! Whos catching em and where?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BCorbett

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to Lake Texoma yesterday, and we caught 5 stripers and 22 sand bass. We did not get on the water until about 2 in the afternoon. Fishing was slow until about 6:30 and the birds started working. It was a frenzy for about 45 minutes. All small ones, but it was fun none the less.

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't been out on the water in a couple weeks. Went one day and spent more time trying to keep the boat right side up than I did fishing. Wish this wind would calm down before the water temps get much warmer!

goosedestroyer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been doing a lot of fishing for the last few weeks and caught a variety fish. About 2 weeks ago we were catching 75 crappies at a 5 acres pond nearby Perry in less than an hour and half, then next day went to Waurika lake caught some really nice Hybrid Striped Bass and lot of Blue catfish. Then last week went turkey hunting at Black Kettle on the opening day of turkey season, we fished the SpringCreek Lake, caught about 50 crappies in an hour during our lunch time. Last weekend went night catfishing with friend at Cimarron River into Keystone Lake nearby Mannford, we caught 6 blue catfish, the biggest one was a 21 lbs.. Then a few days ago went to Hefner lake after I got off from work, I caught 6 Flathead Catfish (was fishing for walleye but they were hitting on live minnows) one was about a ten pound, a five pound, and the rest of them were between 1 to 3 pounds.. As of today, went to Foss lake, caught 9 Walleyes and 8 Hybrids Striped Bass. Had to released 4 Walleyes because I already kept the limit and they were still hitting on my grubs while I was fishing for Hybrids. One walleye measured at near 26" really nice! I am not trying to brag but just wanted to tell everyone how I did fishing recently.

LCPguy

Marksman
Reaction score
Went to Eufaula last weekend and 2 weekends before that. We caught a mess of nice crappie right at the dock where we keep our boat. Several people have sunk trees there and the fishing has been great!

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got a good stringer of crappie and small bass today. All came from a spring fed farm pond. Biggest crappies were 14" and got one 4 lb bass but let it go and only kept the small ones. The pond is overstocked with little bass.
ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_4_23_11Fishing.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom