The fishing frenzy has begun! Whos catching em and where?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I fished the Kiamich all day Friday and Saturday for crappie. The bite seemed to be either early or late, with little action midday. May have been little action because I couldn't find the fish, but once it got about 6:00 in the evening, I could find them on stumps in about 6 FOW. I just doodlesocked stumps and they were killing a black and chartreuse roadrunner. I didn't catch a whole lot, but those that I caught were pigs. Ended up with 14 fish all over 12 inches, and half of those were over 14 inches. The wind made it difficult to stay on the stumps to fish them the way I would have liked to. Got some nice big fillets and had a good fish fry last night with my free loadin friends that were too busy to fish, but not too busy to eat!

maybe we can get together sometime, my friend runs kiamichi tire down there. we love to fish but lately he has gotten into scuba diving.

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got some nice big fillets and had a good fish fry last night with my free loadin friends that were too busy to fish, but not too busy to eat!

Now that is funny!

Teeeroy, After seeing your avatar...I'm pretty sure I've seen your truck parked at the Guy Sandy Ramp! I've only fished Arbuckle like 2-3 times, Kinda makes me feel good knowing other people aren't catching them there. Guess I may not suck that bad! lol Arbuckle has shown it is kinda hard to fish.

Teeeroy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Teeeroy, After seeing your avatar...I'm pretty sure I've seen your truck parked at the Guy Sandy Ramp! I've only fished Arbuckle like 2-3 times, Kinda makes me feel good knowing other people aren't catching them there. Guess I may not suck that bad! lol Arbuckle has shown it is kinda hard to fish.

I know. Feast or famine for me there. But it has been good to me before. I'm not giving up on it!

jd138

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
...Anybody been flyfishing on the Lower Illinois lately? Been thinking about making a trip down there for some trout.

It has been a couple of weeks, but my last visit to Marval was the usual catch. So much depends on the water level there and if they are generating; however, I find it pretty consistent all year. I change flys depending on the weather and typically pull out 5 to 6.

ouhunter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't hit big lakes much anymore because I live in a very small farming town and have 3 flood contol lakes (ponds) that were built back in the mid-60's 21 acres, 31 acres & 35 acres big, plus I have a 6 acre spring feed pond on my farm and all the other smaller ponds around. You could say I'm a pond hopper! LOL The crappie and bass had been biting good up until this last cold front but we are needing a good soaking rain in a worst way!!

oufan24

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Caught some nice slabs last Sunday afternoon!
ai672.photobucket.com_albums_vv90_oufan24_IMG_0597.jpg

ai672.photobucket.com_albums_vv90_oufan24_IMG_0599.jpg

ai672.photobucket.com_albums_vv90_oufan24_IMG_0605.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom