The "Good Life." What does that mean to you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Healthy family, both happy with careers, financially sound, no debt, money in place and growing for kids college should the scholarships not happen. Thankful for what we have, fortunately we learned early that more is not always better.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Retired and living comfortably in good health. Still be able to own and shoot guns. The borders secure , Mrs. Clinton ( it does matter ) and Obama in prison, and a recovering economy. All the remaining members of Pink Floyd touring again and I've got tickets to each concert.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have a nice home on at least 10 acres out in the country. I have lived in the country my whole life but don't own my own home. Trying to get financially secure enough to build. Or possibly buy. I also want all the guns and ammo I can get. Ideally I wouldnt have to work. I would just hunt, fish and shoot. That's it.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They only thing that would make it better is if my wife would retire and we could enjoy the free time together.

I hear you on this one. Last kid is gone soon and I am contemplating chilling for awhile from everything Im doing or maybe even just saying F it and totally selling out of every single project Im involved in and kick it at the farm for good and just work on my own projects as well as my cars. The wife has 30 years in this year same company she started at right out of school working in corporate now as an officer and she says she wants to get in another 10 or so before shes done. Thats F'd up, I dont wanna wait 10 years to go have funs, and I dont want to go alone or with my drunk or stoned out buddies and relatives all the time. She already has a fat 401k and other retirement investments so its not the money keeping her there she just thinks the place wont run right without her. I want to go do some shite and have some fun while I can still handle waking up with a bad hangover after having passed out on the beach some where or maybe something like hiking the stairs at Machu Pichu or something.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I hear you on this one. Last kid is gone soon and I am contemplating chilling for awhile from everything Im doing or maybe even just saying F it and totally selling out of every single project Im involved in and kick it at the farm for good and just work on my own projects as well as my cars. The wife has 30 years in this year same company she started at right out of school working in corporate now as an officer and she says she wants to get in another 10 or so before shes done. Thats F'd up, I dont wanna wait 10 years to go have funs, and I dont want to go alone or with my drunk or stoned out buddies and relatives all the time. She already has a fat 401k and other retirement investments so its not the money keeping her there she just thinks the place wont run right without her. I want to go do some shite and have some fun while I can still handle waking up with a bad hangover after having passed out on the beach some where or maybe something like hiking the stairs at Machu Pichu or something.

Seems like I've known several couples in the last few years in which one was retired, the other could retire but wanted a few more years in before "traveling the world". One or the other ended up in poor health, an accident, a routine surgery that went bad......and both husband and wife missed out on that time together. I know that's life, but seems to have happened a lot with people I know lately.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, excellent replies!

Life is just practice for when you turn 40. I have two young children so I am living the very good life. We have been tremendously blessed.

The good life for me is getting simpler than what I was thought it to be. Spending time outdoors teaching and learning from the kids. Learning about God's Words. Indulging in a good pipe and plenty of German beer. Consuming medium rare venison from your own harvest from a hand reload. Enjoying the pickled platter at Die Weis in Salzburg Austria every once in a while.

Ein Prosit der Gemütlichkeit!

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Getting pretty close to the good life... Wife is retired, I will retire in a few more years. Our health is pretty good. House if paid for and we have no other debts. Thinking about finding some land and house out far enough I can go outside and shoot my guns. Something with a nice big garden spot and close enough to a lake to Bass fish or have a stocked pond would be really nice. Life is actually pretty good right now but it is getting better!

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
All I need is to watch my 3 children grow up healthy & happy. I'd also love to be a grandparent one day and see my kids have a big happy family like I did

Latest posts

Top Bottom