The "Good Life." What does that mean to you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The good life was all about money, guns, and stuff in my 20's... Now it's all about making my nephews happy, spending time with my family, and those few days each year I can go fishing with my dad. And Hawaii... any life is the good life over there lol

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I had an obscene amount of money, I'm not sure I'd be all that happy...

I agree. If I hit the lotto jackpot or something, I'd have to move to south Florida, so the alligators in the moat around my house could swim year-round. To keep my family members away.

As for JB's original question, I think having pretty good health is the No. 1 thing you've got to have to be happy. You can put up with a lot if you can get up and move around and be somewhat independent. After that, I'd want a little bit of money to get by and a small piece of land to be a gentleman farmer.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To me, it basically comes down to freedom. Freedom to do what I want. What I want to do can/has/and will change. Money helps, but isn't the only thing.

As others have said, money can't buy happiness, but it can hire a team of experts to look into your problem.

My priority is the happiness of my children. If they're good, I could live in a tent and be happy.

Other than that, I'd settle for never, ever, having to ride a scooter at Wal-Mart.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Money doesn't buy happiness, people with 10 million dollars are no happier than people with 9 million.But seriously, I had been healthy most of my life and just in the last year have had some health problems.I plan to retire in a few days and enjoy some time in Colorado this summer and do some fun things I have been putting off for years.

ditchDr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good health for your family and yourself seems to be the consensus so far. I'll agree with that. If you have your health you have the ability to over come many other circumstances. I will add " the peace that passeth all understanding".

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm recently retired. Still in excellent health, Great family, Love the outdoors, like some said, never had a desire to be filthy rich. I make more $$ per month being retired than I did while working. (base salary). We have no debt, Great house in the country with hunting/target shooting out the back door, and fishing 10 minutes away.
They only thing that would make it better is if my wife would retire and we could enjoy the free time together.

RedHawk357Mag

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seen two things today that make a great life. 1st was seeing a Model A or T going down the road with a older gentleman behind the wheel. In the back seat the man had two large black and white dogs enjoying the wind in their face. Thought to myself that's success in America. Then driving the kid to Cub Scouts tonight I saw two kids playing in the yard. An older Black girl and a younger white boy were playing OUTSIDE, they had taken a laundry basket and tied it to a clothesline up right and were shooting hoops. Would have been a powerful picture. Makes me think we still might get it right eventually. Makes me proud to be an American.

Latest posts

Top Bottom