The journey down the rabbit hole has begun. Work on the CJ has begun.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've started diving into the CJ I brought home and have realized, yet again, there is always something to work on. From the fuel return line that has been capped off and tucked under the tub. To the mess of vacuum lines that aren't hooked up correctly. it never ends.

I'm just hoping I can get the carb rebuilt tomorrow afternoon and get it driveable again. I just want this one to be able to be driven without smelling worse than I do when I mow the lawn. A new vapor canister helped with the fuel smell from the tank. Hoping the carb rebuild and vacuum line correction will assist some in that as well.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Old Jeeps, Broncos, Toyotas......they're all the same, something else leads to something else........yet we still enjoy them. :)

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just.
Empty.
Every.
Pocket.

I prefer. Just Everyone Else's Parts.

Luckily I've been down this road before with the 84 CJ I rebuilt. However. That drivetrain was completely stock including the horrid attempt at a computer controlled carb.

I call it therapy. In the end the problems will be resolved and it will be a smooth running ride to enjoy in the more mild weather we are blessed with this summer. Well whats left of the summer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom