The life of an AR owner.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have scopes, and red dots that I need to do something with. Maybe build more AR's to go underneath them?
Yep, this is a given. @JYoung and I are in the process of building 2ea .458 SOCOM ARs. Just had the 'ol router laying around and a few 80%s that needed some love..... Well, really we bought them just because we could, but you get the drift.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, this is a given. @JYoung and I are in the process of building 2ea .458 SOCOM ARs. Just had the 'ol router laying around and a few 80%s that needed some love..... Well, really we bought them just because we could, but you get the drift.
You build because you can......Freedom is what that spells.

}BuLL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Excellent! Recently got my 458 barrel from Tromix. He even assembled into a custom upper I had, just need to finish the lower now.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So for the record, the DPMS LPK trigger I put in my girls AR wasnt horrible. Ive seen a lot worse. Honestly for an AR battle trigger it was pretty dang good. But these two parts made a huge improvement. It helps some more than others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only two ways to go IMO. Either an inexpensive fluff-n-buff/speed mod/JP spring kit, or a full on high end trigger (Geissele for me). Anything in-between is either spending too much or too little. Again, JMO, YMMV
I have a geissele SSA-E and I love it. It is the smoothest break and has a very short reset. Wouldn’t use anything else.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Looks like Springfield keeps churning out AR’s. I will stick with my LWRC. And for the price the saint edge is you can have an LWRC too. They did a couple of things to the saint to make it look a little neater and add a few hundred dollars to the price tag. My saint was a nice rifle but nothing to brag about. The upper and lower didn’t line up properly. And that is one of the saints features, which is to have a perfect fit between the upper and lower. After owning my lwrc for the several months I have I will never buy another brand of AR again. The features that come with the rifle for the price is unmatched.

Latest posts

Top Bottom