The Mid-Term Election thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with you Rick but this self centered POS who thinks he is God will not do that. He will do everything in his power to create as much diversity as possible. I would not put **** passed him.

Agreed. Before the election he said the election was about him and his policies, today he says he does not feel like the results were because of him.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Clinton had no choice but to work with the Republican controlled congress or spend the rest of his term as a lame duck. Same is going to happen with Obama but I do not think he is smart or honest enough to realize it.

For those that claimed the GOP dead, outside of taking control of the Senate and the largest number of GOP house members since the 1920s, there is this little gem

Kinda works both way don't it. If Congress wants to pass anything they hafta deal with Obama. He can rule by executive fiat, however, Congress must negotiate with him or just do nothing.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kinda works both way don't it. If Congress wants to pass anything they hafta deal with Obama. He can rule by executive fiat, however, Congress must negotiate with him or just do nothing.

I disagree with this, they can pass all the legislation they want and say we tried but your Democratic president kept vetoing everyingthing and we had trouble getting D votes to veto, which could help put an R in the presidency seat. But it all comes down to what kind of legistation they want to pass(they need to focus on why they won and legislate according to their constituents). It has to be favorable to the people to get the publics attention.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Absolutely! Obama may appoint himself Czar of everything.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I disagree with this, they can pass all the legislation they want and say we tried but your Democratic president kept vetoing everyingthing and we had trouble getting D votes to veto, which could help put an R in the presidency seat. But it all comes down to what kind of legistation they want to pass(they need to focus on why they won and legislate according to their constituents). It has to be favorable to the people to get the publics attention.

Why did they win?

2 reasons.
People are fed up with both parties.
The Dem Base ie minorities and younger voters don't usually turn out for midterm elections.

By no means should this be construed as "the people have spoken" we are tired of Dems.

I guarantee that if any legislation gets passed, it will be negotiated and exploited by Obama. Don't dismiss his political skills. He can really make Rs look like an azz.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

He can do executive orders all he wants. The house won't fund them. Its simple checks and balances.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Correction, people are feed up with Democrats and their left wing agendas that the working class has to pay for.

We disagree. Ppl are fed up with inept politicians, Govt gridlock and partisan politics. Party affiliation doesn't matter to almost 1/3 of registered voters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom