The party line

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There reason democrats are as powerful as they are is because their members toe the party line.

There is actually diversity of thought on the libertarian/conservative side.
Exactly correct. They fall in lock step with whatever their leadership tells them to do like robots. The main stream media follows the same march.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the only party line I would even consider being a part of....

38351174405_c8f794bf3d_b.jpg

lee1000

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never seen convincing and repeatable evidence that Republicans are any different over the longrun. lol

All depends on what issues are your triggers.

Liberal states CA, NY etc have reliably raised taxes and enacted very strict guns gun controls. Conservative states have not, this is very simple.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never seen convincing and repeatable evidence that Republicans are any different over the longrun. lol

All depends on what issues are your triggers.
President Trump just gave us the largest tax cut in history, and Nancy Pelosi called them crumbs and wants them back, meaning repeal the tax cuts.
That is one huge difference between the parties.
Another is that the dims regulated manufacturing businesses out of business and forced them to move to china, mexico, etc.
Trump did away with the regulations and the companies are rebuilding in the US and bringing manufacturing back.
Nancy Pelosi said that government payments to the unemployed will help the economy because they will have money in their pockets to spend.
Trump has brought back manufacturing so people have the lowest unemployment in 60 some years so they have jobs to make money to spend.
Dimocrats keep minorities as a low class needing government benefits to stay alive while not working and producing anything but votes for those that hand out the money.
Trump has brought back manufacturing and the employment level of minorities is the best in history.
Yeah, there is a difference in the parties and how they want America to move on.
I think I'll stick with conservatives.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I'll stick with conservatives.

You're talking about Trump... not the Republican Party, which universally despised him and is still trying to stay as far away from him as possible. I think he will have the hardest time gaining the nomination again of any sitting President. Plus, he is only here for 4 years, or 8 at the most. The true Republican Party isn't going to do a GD'd thing different once Trump is gone, are they? I don't think so... those Senators and Representatives who have been members of The Swamp for decades think they can outlast Trump, wait for the inevitable rebound, and keep doing business as usual.

I haven't seen Republican politicians standing up en masse saying, "President Trump was 100% right, we're doing things the wrong way, we need to get back to representing the people!" I still see them keeping their distance, because he's a lightning rod.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sadly, rRidiot may have a point. Trump got the tax cut passed, but Congress can't seem to pass Tax Cut #2.

And we won't keep it... if it were a trend of lowering taxes, cutting spending, smaller government, investing in our infrastructure and in America's small businesses, I'd be pleased. But this is more of a blip than a trend, I'm afraid. I hope I'm wrong. I do. And as soon as the left gets back control of the House and Senate, all of this will be undone as quickly as they possibly can. Allowing Americans to keep more of their income and have more ability to invest in themselves and their communities is NOT what the Democratic party want - they think all of those things should be under strict governmental regulation and control.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're talking about Trump... not the Republican Party, which universally despised him and is still trying to stay as far away from him as possible. I think he will have the hardest time gaining the nomination again of any sitting President. Plus, he is only here for 4 years, or 8 at the most. The true Republican Party isn't going to do a GD'd thing different once Trump is gone, are they? I don't think so... those Senators and Representatives who have been members of The Swamp for decades think they can outlast Trump, wait for the inevitable rebound, and keep doing business as usual.

I haven't seen Republican politicians standing up en masse saying, "President Trump was 100% right, we're doing things the wrong way, we need to get back to representing the people!" I still see them keeping their distance, because he's a lightning rod.
I do think some never Trumper Republicans are coming around, and even have some on dimocratic side of the aisle recently that didn't have any negative comments on the economy and even said it was rolling along nicely. (paraphrasing)
The better the economy gets, and the more campaign promises he keeps, the Republicans better change sides because they will lose to the voters if not. I fully understand some Republicans in the Senate and the House would still rather have seen Hillary win to preserve their power of office but the voting public is getting disgusted with their tactics and this latest Kabuki theater of the SCOTUS nomination has pissed off the voting public. The midterms are going to be interesting with many standing Senators and Reps slated to lose their office to challengers. Lets hope its a red wave, or it's going to be a circus from here on out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom