The party line

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lets hope its a red wave, or it's going to be a circus from here on out.

I agree completely, it's going to be an ugly farging mess if the left gets control of the Senate, which is still a strong possibility. And if they win the House, as well... damn. It's going to be really bad.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't remember the sources, but a couple of places I've read lately seem to think that the Senate isn't really in play. At least, I hope so. In addition, if I remember right, Trump's numbers for the the blacks voting for him were higher than for both Romney and McCain, and with the improving employment picture, even for the blacks, we might see more of them voting with their pocket books.

There are other movements out there that are working to get liberals (or at least Democrats) to change. Turning Point has Charley Kirk and Candace Owen out there at the colleges working to change them, and there is a movement on YouTube called #walkaway that has folks posting videos of why they are changing.

But, I guess we will see in a few weeks. I'm in hopes that the Republicans get motivated by the Kavanaugh mess and get out to vote.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But, I guess we will see in a few weeks. I'm in hopes that the Republicans get motivated by the Kavanaugh mess and get out to vote.
Dims are saying the same thing. Kavanaugh is going to energize their base.
At this stage of the game with probably one of the most important elections in modern times 28 days away, the pundits will be throwing out everything they can to get their respective parties to get to the polling booth on both sides of the aisle.
It's up to the voter to mull it over and make a decision.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dims are saying the same thing. Kavanaugh is going to energize their base.
At this stage of the game with probably one of the most important elections in modern times 28 days away, the pundits will be throwing out everything they can to get their respective parties to get to the polling booth on both sides of the aisle.
It's up to the voter to mull it over and make a decision.

I am already doing my part and should send in my ballot in the next couple of days. I already know how I am voting on everything but the judges and there I do not have a clue so I have to research.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't remember the sources, but a couple of places I've read lately seem to think that the Senate isn't really in play. At least, I hope so. In addition, if I remember right, Trump's numbers for the the blacks voting for him were higher than for both Romney and McCain, and with the improving employment picture, even for the blacks, we might see more of them voting with their pocket books.

There are other movements out there that are working to get liberals (or at least Democrats) to change. Turning Point has Charley Kirk and Candace Owen out there at the colleges working to change them, and there is a movement on YouTube called #walkaway that has folks posting videos of why they are changing.

Yes it's definitely tough to call. The pollsters were UGELY wrong on Trump. I don't know what to make of things anymore. Ted Cruz is in a nail biter with a full on commie. In Texas! The dude is young, lies very well and comes off "likable". Plus he has free national platforms of the likes of Ellen. The GOP better not rest on their recent laurels and Texas is the perfect example of why. If it goes blue, it's time to turn out the lights.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes it's definitely tough to call. The pollsters were UGELY wrong on Trump. I don't know what to make of things anymore. Ted Cruz is in a nail biter with a full on commie. In Texas! The dude is young, lies very well and comes off "likable". Plus he has free national platforms of the likes of Ellen. The GOP better not rest on their recent laurels and Texas is the perfect example of why. If it goes blue, it's time to turn out the lights.

What gives me some confidence, although somewhat tempered, is that the pollsters have been wrong even before the 2016 election, so being a bit skeptical of the poll results is somewhat comforting. However, I think this will hinge on who turns out the best. If the "right" decides that they like the way the economy and job situation is, along with other matters, and turns out like 2016, the "left" could very well be surprised. Especially so for the media darlings that keep saying that there is going to be a "blue wave."

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stupid mess... the Democrats and their crowing about their "grass roots" uprising... those grass roots are being funded by dozens of liberal billionaires who hate Donald Trump and are donating literally hundreds of millions of dollars of their own money to defeat Trump and the Republicans. Nothing grass roots about it.

And they ***** about Republican "big money". lol

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And we won't keep it... if it were a trend of lowering taxes, cutting spending, smaller government, investing in our infrastructure and in America's small businesses, I'd be pleased. But this is more of a blip than a trend, I'm afraid. I hope I'm wrong. I do. And as soon as the left gets back control of the House and Senate, all of this will be undone as quickly as they possibly can. Allowing Americans to keep more of their income and have more ability to invest in themselves and their communities is NOT what the Democratic party want - they think all of those things should be under strict governmental regulation and control.
I was listening to the news last night. Supposedly the tax cuts are now permanent now. The media chose not to cover it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom