The storm thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Weak sauce! Snow's already appearing to taper off here in MWC. Blizzard my ass.

Our hysterical weathermen spend more time waffling than politicians. I actually saw the guy on News 9 this morning point to a map that showed "100%" chance at noon while saying "there's a chance it could still be snowing around noon. Ummm....last time I checked 100% meant 100%. Then he said "looks like it's about over in the metro", and not even two sentences later said "there's still more to come for the metro". WTF?

How about you make a 'prediction' and stick with it? You aren't running for office.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Calving heifers, baby calves, dumb steers. Lots of money could be loss. Lots was loss on Christmas eve '09. Y'all just stay warm in your little house while the firefighters, police officers, and emt's are out doing their JOB.

As stated above, If you didn't do your preparing yesterday, then darn the bad luck. I don't know one rancher that didn't in this area. The area I live in is not one to be getting stuck out in a pasture. Cell service sucks and it is a long way from anywhere. If a guy is willing to get out and try to walk for help on a day like this then more power to him. I would call him a fool if he was my friend. As for the Firefighters, police, ad EMS. Its just like the military. If they didn't know that they were signing up for this when they did, then apparently they didn't research their career choice to much. I have a lot of respect for them and their duties but don't feel like I should be shamed for staying home when they are out working.

I really guess y'all aren't picking up on my sarcasm. That's what happens when I take a few months off from GD.

It was tough to pick up on any sarcasm at all. Oh coarse I have only caught a few of your posts.

Bishop

Marksman
Reaction score
this is my love of snow, yes Im a old kid..:woohoo1:

ai917.photobucket.com_albums_ad17_Raven_6_Crazy_20Junk_693901bb.jpg

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty lame storm for all the hype. At least in Mustang.

:igetit: Lawl. You guys whining, there's more to the world than what's out your window. Just because you got shorted doesn't mean it's a lame storm. That's just how the proverbial cookie crumbles with winter storms. It was kinda looking like it wasn't going to center on OKC anyways. It's going to be one of the bigger storms Tulsa has seen, not to mention other parts of the country. We could still push our snowfall records 'round here. I'm iffy on what's being reported now. I've heard NWS Tulsa is at 8.4" officially, with higher numbers being thrown about. We could possibly add another few inches to that.

I got out and drove around about an hour ago in the Tuls/Okmul county borderlands. It was near whiteout conditions. Snowin' and blowin' too hard to take any real pictures. Sitting in the house now and it seems the wind has slowed, but it's still snowing decently. Still more to come.

Not a single vehicle to be seen on the roads. The roads are drifted in spots, but the lack of visibility with the blowing snow was killer. I couldn't see the nuthin', but that looks to be improving now.

My Weather Rock says it's snowing outside my garage. 7:30 am-ish.
alh5.ggpht.com__vlrMVh36fdY_TUgXt891wFI_AAAAAAAAAjg_6UdZjLRWIUE_s800_008.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom