Burgers and fries...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
. Mears, way over rated.

Theyve been living off of past reputation for a while now -- or at least that was my impression the last time i went through there

But that said -- when im down that way , i like to go there anyhow - combination of the isolated location and doing some buffalo spotting i suppose , makes it fun

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to agree on Braum's- about 50 years ago a guy I worked with, and I got good and hammered on New Years eve and both had to work on the 1st. We were meat cutters for the old Humpty Dumpty Grocery. We made it to work ok but felt like hell. We didn't eat and by noon we were dead. Braum's was the only place open on the 1st except us. My buddy called his wife and had her go by and get us a burger and fries. We wolfed those dudes like we just crossed the desert. I started gaining weight because I would eat there and have ice cream to. Now a days, I mostly cook on the grill at least once a week but in the winter, I just do in a cast iron skillet with onions. I'm from El Reno so fried onions are good to me.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a job with the Choctaws one morning in Durant. So on the way home decided to try Reba’s out. Place looks fantastic. They had plenty of help.

Decided on the Meatloaf, almost always a favorite.

The tribe had paid me real well and I was feeling rich so I decided $22 for a fancy yuppie meal was okay. Big big big big mistake. I didn’t know you could mess up meatloaf so bad.

The thing that was upsetting was nobody cared that I didn’t like it. They asked if everything was okay and I said no this is nasty. They just turned around and walked off. Won’t bore anyone with what happened after that.

But I’ll never go back.
Lamberts south of Springfield Missouri had the worst meatloaf I’ve ever had
Menu said made from scratch daily just like mom made
I left a Google review that said your mamma can’t cook

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Arnold's in Tulsa is pretty good, Shaw's in Tulsa used to be pretty good ( Closed back in the 80's) also Claud's was good (also closed, just recently)
Claud’s was really good, and the owners were really nice people. That restaurant had been in that family in Tulsa for many many years. It was really sad to see them close. My cousins have a restaurant here that’s been open 55 years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom