These Clocks Helped Measure the World

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Adam Savage sees and discusses some of the timepieces held by the Royal Society in London, specifically from Cook's second voyage of discovery aboard HMS Resolution. Near the end, the curator actually removes one of the Resolution's shipboard chronometers from its case so you can see a little bit of its internal workings.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Adam Savage sees and discusses some of the timepieces held by the Royal Society in London, specifically from Cook's second voyage of discovery aboard HMS Resolution. Near the end, the curator actually removes one of the Resolution's shipboard chronometers from its case so you can see a little bit of its internal workings.

That is so cool. I'd really enjoying going there someday. There was a movie made about Sir John Harrison and his chronometer clock.

Longitude

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It has been a few years since I watched it, but I recall Longitude as being as pretty good movie.
Yeah, pretty good movie. I saw it for the first time earlier this year. It was enjoyable. You don't have to be a clock/watch geek to enjoy it. The history lesson is worth the price of admission.

Latest posts

Top Bottom