They call us “The Elderly”.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Pope

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Talk a span of a life. My great grandfather fought in the civil war and lived to see the Cold War go into full hustle. Imagine seeing the American Civil War, the Indian Wars, the Spanish American War, Philipine Insurrection, Blackjack Pershing in Mexico, the First World War, Prohibition, the repeal of Prohibition, the Great Depression, the Second World War, the Korean conflict. You would have a pretty solid grasp of trends I would like to think.
My grandfather, who came to Oklahoma with his family in a covered wagon saw man fly for the first time and walk on the moon.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My grandfather, who came to Oklahoma with his family in a covered wagon saw man fly for the first time and walk on the moon.
I got some bad news about that moon walk. You see there was this thing called the cold war..
1700694478448.png

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Same with my mom's parents. They also had to walk 2 days to get to the preacher's place so he could marry them. Grandpa was 15. Grandma was 13. And the thing they laughed about the most when they were telling their grandchildren these stories?? Which btw left us all AGHAST!! 😂😂😂 That they had to use a rowboat sitting on the shore of a river (most likely some little creek) to get to the other side was leaky and they prayed the whole time they were paddling furiously that they wouldn't drown because neither of them could swim. 👀 Ahhhh, true love when you're a devout Christain. Grandpa told all us kids that that PROVED he loved my grandma -- because he was willing to die to get a chance to see her ankles. 😂😂😂😂Grandma would turn red as a beet when he'd say that and smack him on the arm as hard as she could and screech "HERB!!!" 😂😂😂

I have always wanted a relationship like the one they had. 😁🤔🤔😲 OMG!! 🤐😂😂😂😂

Latest posts

Top Bottom