They call us “The Elderly”.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BTW, the problem began in the early 60’s when the radicals invaded the universities parading as professors and they successfully invaded the federal agencies too. The real question is how it happened. Who ‘organized’ it. Who hired them. Who ultimately orchestrated it.
By the time I got to OU on the GI Bill (fall '73 - transfer from Oregon), the professors were already hellishly and radically liberal. My first English prof was a long-haired hippy freak in torn jeans and berkenstock sandals. He insisted that Eldridge Cleaver ("Black activist" imprisoned for multiple rape and murder counts) was just a terrific guy, to be admired! I had to admit that Cleaver was intelligent, and he was highly observant of human nature... but his book "Soul on Ice" was one long, ridiculous, and truly-racist(!) tirade. Other than its one (1) original idea - the concept of a "supermasculine menial" - the book was trash. Virtually unreadable.

My "argumentative" attitude with that egotistical prof dropped my grade from A to B (which played hell with my otherwise 4.0 GPA). Took me a year of complaining to get the dean to even review my class papers... but surprisingly, he finally repaired the grade. Guess he got tired of the "squeaky wheel." :laugh6:

Last edited by a moderator:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
By the time I got to OU on the GI Bill (fall '73 - transfer from Oregon), the professors were already hellishly and radically liberal. My first English prof was a long-haired hippy freak in torn jeans and berkenstock sandals. He insisted that Eldridge Cleaver ("Black activist" imprisoned for multiple rape and murder counts) was just a terrific guy, to be admired! I had to admit that Cleaver was intelligent, and he was highly observant of human nature... but his book "Soul on Ice" was one long, ridiculous, and truly-racist(!) tirade. Other than its one (1) original idea - the concept of a "supermasculine menial" - the book was trash. Virtually unreadable.

My "argumentative" attitude with that egotistical prof dropped my grade from A to B (which played hell with my otherwise 4.0 GPA). Took me a year of complaining to get the dean to even review my class papers... but surprisingly, he finally repaired the grade. Guess he got tired of the "squeaky wheel." :laugh6:
My daughter graduated from OU in 2018. When it comes to conservatism, she makes most of us look like rookies. In almost every one of her classes she had to write papers that agreed with the profs extreme liberal views. Every kid did it for the grade.
When the prof sees piles of paper or computer written papers turned in that agree with them, it only confirms to them that their stance is the correct one. The ideas grow more and more radical.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm 77, and I guarantee that we got the best years this country, in fact the world, will ever see. Your Gen X et al have no clue. They grew up having everything given to them. Here's your trophy. The schools have convinced them that there is no history and its OK to live in your mothers' basement until you're 35. They are the sheeple who are and will lead this once great country into the toilet. Yes, we got the best.
Which generation decided to hand out participation trophies for their precious children?

Being born in 65 I'm just out of the Boomer category, but I'd say culturally, Oklahoma may extend that "Boomer" slot a bit. Definitely went to schools that had Greatest Generation teachers, WW2 vets. and most had very old-fashioned values.

Very different culture by the time I got to high school. Lotsa liberals, Vietnam vets, next generation of teachers. They knew the system was BS in a lot of ways, tried to convince us that it was all wrong. As in most things, there's some truth in both versions.

Talking to guys that went to the same high school only a few years later, things really went south in the late 80s.

There were some pretty famous political guys in the 1960s that warned us about the direction the country was going. They are pretty much held up as bad guys now, but they were damn sure right.

Stand Up For America!

Latest posts

Top Bottom