Things you do because you are tight!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Name them and tell how if you wish.

I hate giving money for piddly things I can do myself. So I do them myself.. Unless there is no out of pocket or I am broken and can't do it. say a bad back or something.

I do all my own mechanic work on my vehicles.
Everything!
Build engine and trans and rear and suspension.
Paint and body, interior also. Yea Pull my man card I can sew.
I cook and clean also. I hate folding.

Mount and balance my own tires. align my own front end.. weld my own parts .. fix leaking radiators.

So yea I weld and solder and do concrete and roofing.. construction and maintenance on many things.
I heard it is called farmer.

Farmer had to fix and maintain it all. I was born in the wrong decade.

I do pay the doctor when parts are broken though. Dang it.

Aligning front ends is easy once you know how they work.
Tape measure and eyeball.. sometimes paint.. I know some people that use string.
I have used a temp probe before to set camber.
Yes my tires wear evenly and I do not rotate them.

If you must rotate to make them wear evenly then the suspension is wacked.
I had a shop Jack Cooper align my 78 nova was terrible and pulled very hard when I left..I had 4 new tires and mag wheels also.
They refunded my alignment cost.
That was 25 years ago and never again.

Last edited:

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was doing a Christmas gift project a few years ago, and ended up making 6lbs of lye soap. I still have pounds of the stuff and have dried and crumbled that stuff when desperate for clothes soap.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never been to a concert.
Drank a lot of likker though.

I like making things as gifts for Christmas.
Grandmother made soap from butter many years ago. They had way too much butter and it was going to go bad.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can stuff. My favorite is cantaloupe jam. Made 56 half pint jars this year from our own garden. Piccalilli (green tomato relish) is my next favorite. Nothing goes to waste.

We built our own kitchen this year from the ground up to the ceiling. The hard part was to find a builder who would build the house up to the point where we could finish the inside ourselves. We did hire out the granite countertops, however. We don't have the facilities to cut big slabs of stone.

Nothing gets thrown away until after it has been stripped of every useable nut, bolt, screw, and hunk of metal. Aluminum, copper, brass, lead, and zinc get melted down and cast into small ingots for future use. Pit oil is filtered and used for drilling, turning on the lathe, and milling on the milling machine.

We have fun.

Woody

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can stuff. My favorite is cantaloupe jam. Made 56 half pint jars this year from our own garden. Piccalilli (green tomato relish) is my next favorite. Nothing goes to waste.

We built our own kitchen this year from the ground up to the ceiling. The hard part was to find a builder who would build the house up to the point where we could finish the inside ourselves. We did hire out the granite countertops, however. We don't have the facilities to cut big slabs of stone.

Nothing gets thrown away until after it has been stripped of every useable nut, bolt, screw, and hunk of metal. Aluminum, copper, brass, lead, and zinc get melted down and cast into small ingots for future use. Pit oil is filtered and used for drilling, turning on the lathe, and milling on the milling machine.

We have fun.

Woody
I'll have to look up Piccalilli. We love pickled green tomato's, and grilled green tomato's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom