Thinking of switching to revolver..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have them but carry only as a BUG. I'm not that proficient with speedloaders or speedstrips- no matter how much I practice I still suck at it. I prefer,when a revolver is used as a carry, to carry along a couple of speedstrips vs the bulky speedloaders. I do use the speedloaders but only at the range and at home I keep a couple near the gun.I can use a speedloader faster than a speedstrip if it came down to needing to. When out and about though I carry the speedstrips. Ive been buying them from Tuffproducts.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't beat an airweight (Mine is a 642) for EDC. No excuse to go out unarmed due to the "hassle" of carrying a larger piece. I probably carry the j frame 75-80% of the time I leave the house. I'll go with a Kahr 9 or even a Glock 19 sometimes, but usually feel adequately prepared with my little j frame at my side.

jej

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a stainless J frame. Great for carry OWB, IWB, shoulder holster. For me, I do carry it in the pocket, but don't much like it. Too heavy. The Tuarus you are considering would have the same problem. The all steel guns are way better to shoot a lot or a little, but pocket carry is better with a lighter gun.

A J frame or similar disappears easy carried OWB.

For reloads, I use speedstrips, too. Speed loaders are better for larger framed guns.

For reloads in a hurry, I carry a backup gun 99% of the time.

jej

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ai485.photobucket.com_albums_rr214_jbarnett77_43696.jpg

This is all you need. S&W M&P 340

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
not familar with a speed strip. anyone care to elaborate?

Speedstrips are flat pieces of rubber that hold your reloads in a row and you insert two rounds at a time and "peel" the strip back and do ir again with the next two until you have fully reloaded. I feel they are slower than speed loaders but for me they are more reliable. I have never been able to get the speedloaders to operate in a stress situation with the j frames.

Now onto the gun. I may get flamed but that's OK, I have thick skin. The Tarus line of j frames are sturdy reliable guns. They make every model that Smith does at about half the cost. Here is my Model 85 Taurus with speedloaders.

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_Hume715_3.jpg

Here is a picture of a speedloader in action.

awww.hipowersandhandguns.com_Making_20J_20Frame_20Work_files_image012.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom