Third leading cause of death in the U.S.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My 22 year old cousin was killed last year by a nurse making an error in IV dosage. 10 times the does of epinephrine the doctor ordered. Cardiac arrest, coma, death in a few days.

Scary stuff.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife works in a hospital lab; the stories I hear and my experiences with hospitals lead me to conclude you've got about a 50/50 chance of coming out better than you went in.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm.... well... that's a pretty broad brush to paint with. I do know of some errors that have been made, however.

The part that a lot of people can't get their head around is that it's not an exact science. Sometimes it's trial and error. Truly. Sad to say, but it truly is. That's no defense of gross misconduct, in any way.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The purpose of the article is..... to get you to read it. It proposes no solutions. Just raising your blood pressure is reward enough for the author. No doubt it contains some truth. How much though? It is not the whole picture.

Latest posts

Top Bottom