This is wrong.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with it, but I'm not a lawyer and from the article, neither are these pastors, they just want clarification of the law and if it takes going to court to get clarification, what's wrong with that?

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Churches should pay taxes you know "render onto Caesar which is Caesar"

There is another part of that scripture. It goes something like " and render to God which is Gods". As christians every thing they have belongs to God. As non believers everything belongs to Caeser.

Thats a very interesting script that sheeple like to use to submit to Caeser.

How does one tax God? And how does one tax anothers free speech? Is the IRS or even the government a higher authority than God?

Seperation of church and state? Where is that exactly, where is that in the first amendment? Ive read over and over. Where is it?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are very few reasons to preach politics from the pulpit, or religion from public office. I've seen maybe two instances of churches speaking out on a political issue that actually made sense to do so, but I've never seen a politician speak about religion where he didn't sound like he was 1. talking out of his ass and missing the true meaning of what he was saying, and 2. wasn't trying to use religion solely to drum up more votes.

Seems to me that most churches now days are doing little more than motivational speaking and political pandering anyways - if you're concerned more with filling pews, then your message is of little consequence. To those few churches that actually have something to say about a specific political issue that is affecting the church... thank your local loudmouth or televangelist for muddying the waters so that no one hears you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom