This reporter is obviously a racist....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of Oprah....

.....a quote from her with a link to the story below:

"As long as there are people who still, there’s a whole generation – I say this, you know, I said this, you know, for apartheid South Africa, I said this for my own, you know, community in the south - there are still generations of people, older people, who were born and bred and marinated in it, in that prejudice and racism, and they just have to die."

Oprah: Racists Have to Die for Racism to End

I guess since I'm white, and you all can see to the left that I'm "older," then I should die so racism can end. (Although, racism has been around for many centuries and will likely be around for however many more there are to come.)

But, when all is considered, this isn't anything unusual for Oprah. She was also in Switzerland for Tina Turner's wedding when she accused a "shop employee" of racism because she wouldn't show Oprah a purse. Oh, and the shop owner had a different version of the story.

Oprah Winfrey Racism Row Over Switzerland Shop Incident

You mean the Tina Turner who just renounced her U.S. citizenship? ;)

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A lot of people I know explain away the Civil War as being about economics. But I know it was about slavery, and I don't dispute the points others make to the contrary, but I know it was over slavery. My point being made, there was a lot of white guys got killed freeing the slaves, and they don't get credit where credit's due, I feel.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of people I know explain away the Civil War as being about economics. But I know it was about slavery, and I don't dispute the points others make to the contrary, but I know it was over slavery. My point being made, there was a lot of white guys got killed freeing the slaves, and they don't get credit where credit's due, I feel.

No one remembers Charlton Heston marching with MLK either. All they remember is a senile old man clutching his flintlock with cold dead hands. :(

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No one remembers Charlton Heston marching with MLK either. All they remember is a senile old man clutching his flintlock with cold dead hands. :(

You know, my parents have a pic of them with him at a party in the 1970s, I've got to email my dad and have him scan and send it to me so I can post it here - on OSA!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmmm, Bill O'Reilly is gonna dissect Oprah's comments tonight ... THAT should make for interesting tv viewing ... :rolleyes2 Do you ever wonder what these people do when they all wind up at some fancy dinner party together?!? :scratch:

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[I guess since I'm white, and you all can see to the left that I'm "older," then I should die so racism can end. (Although, racism has been around for many centuries and will likely be around for however many more there are to come.)

Not only that, much of what some call "racism" is natural human behavior; it's only been in recent times that white people have tried to shame and train each other into believing that if they would just ignore natural human behavior, then the whole world will hold hands and sing Kumbaya.

sethk

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not only that, much of what some call "racism" is natural human behavior; it's only been in recent times that white people have tried to shame and train each other into believing that if they would just ignore natural human behavior, then the whole world will hold hands and sing Kumbaya.

Murder is also natural behavior. Mankind has regularly experienced shifts in societal and moral norms as a result of collectively deciding/realizing that a previously common "natural human behavior" was in fact rather bad behavior and existed to the detriment of the society and the individual soul. Humans, white and otherwise have been making these sort of changes for centuries. As far as I can see it is never out a Utopian desire or some Kumbaya delusion, but out of a conviction regarding what is right and what is wrong, regardless of how "natural" or historically prevalent the behavior is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom