Oklahoma ousts offensive personalized plates: A look at the 300 denied plates in 2023

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see anything offensive about many of the plates.

MYRICER for example. I would presume somebody's jap car.
CEO; huh?
Big Buck; so that person is a trophy hunter. Perfectly legal.

Etc, etc.

The problem is that once someone in a govt office somewhere gains a modicum of authority, they go on a power trip.
Little Napoleans, they are called. I've seen it happen all too often.

Now they can make you dance to their tune, so they do.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of those are quite obscure. Does Service Oklahoma pay someone to sit there and ponder the possible meaning of every plate application?
Yes they do. When I was running my vanity plate that read I4USA with a flag background, I had to run different scenarios past her before she said nobody was using that plate.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For any of you who are on facebook (I am just for family and a very few friends to keep up with) there is a facebook page titled "Vanity PL8" that's pretty good. People are constantly posting pics of vanity plates. The idea is to share it and for people to figure out what the meaning is. Some are very obscure.

The weird thing is that some states seem to very more receptive to granting vanity plates. Certainly not like Oklahoma.

If you are on facebook, check it out.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
And yet I see religious plates. I think I'll start reporting every offensive religious plate I see.
Is this your car?

1706945665143.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom