Oklahoma ousts offensive personalized plates: A look at the 300 denied plates in 2023

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is this your car?
Nah, mine looks like this
1706970729749.png

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got a semi custom tag for free. Gave a few different options for the 3 numbers associated with my ride and got the CU IN displacement of my engine. 402

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does this not get into some 1st amendment questions? I mean, this seems important enough to get some lawyers involved, no?
nope.

Most likely since 1) driving isn't a right and 2) they are under no obligation to do vanity plates nor to give you exactly what you want. Especially since it's an 'opt in' situation. If you don't like that you can't have something, you can simply not pay extra for the vanity option. They can still give you a standard plate that functions for the purpose of identifying your car.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe they should focus on the temporary plates instead . . .
They are. There was an article on ktul about people cheating the toll cameras. More recently, a Tulsa teen was caught with a remote screen on his tag. OHP was behind him when he activated it and got a $500 fine. That, to save 80 cents on a toll.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of those are quite obscure. Does Service Oklahoma pay someone to sit there and ponder the possible meaning of every plate application?
Prob a private sector contractor and some six-figure DMV people overseeing the contract..As long as it is friendly to (mostly out-of-state) "private sector" grifters, most of the repubs turn a blind eye (or are oblivious to what the unelected bureaucrats with a budget are doing).

Latest posts

Top Bottom