Tikka T3 Lite vs Rem 700

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go with the Tikka if you want to keep it stock. There are aftermarket stocks/parts coming out for it now. ie... (Manners Stocks).
Why do you want the .308 Win cartridge and what is your intended purpose for the rifle?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go with the Tikka if you want to keep it stock. There are aftermarket stocks/parts coming out for it now. ie... (Manners Stocks).
Why do you want the .308 Win cartridge and what is your intended purpose for the rifle?

C'mon man - don't be a .308 hater :D

I can certainly understand why a lot of new shooters want to get into .308 - there is a vast amount of info out there for a wide variety of loads and its low recoil makes it a nice easy shooting gun for a beginner (plus, ammo is cheaper than a lot of other cartridges).

I know its certainly not superior to a lot of other choices out there, but there's some serious value to be had in a good shooting .308 rifle.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not a .308 hater. I have one. If you hand load, the .243 and .260 would be better choices for LR shooting.

I'm just poking fun at you man - I wouldn't do it if I didn't respect what you had to say (and I do - there are a couple of rifle-shooters on here that I listen to and you're definitely one of them). If I was a reloading man, I'd probably be jumping in to a few of those 7mm calibers you've mentioned in the other thread - I've been reading about some of the different 7mm variants and there are some flat shooters out there that make for a good multi-distance gun.

I'm just still baby-stepping my way through .308, so I'm a fanboy until I get the training wheels off :thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom