Tikka T3 Lite vs Rem 700

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DestructoJr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with both rifles. I am in the market for a new bolt gun and would like to hear thoughts and opinions on both rifles. I know that any rifle can be tricked out and such but Im talking straight out of the box for accuracy and reliability. I like the sako parts in the T3 and the adjustable trigger but is the Rem 700 a comparable rifle.

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated thanks

We are only speaking .308 here

Also just info on comparable price Rem 700 Models plz

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

OK Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just purchased a Tikka T3 30-06 (not the tatical) and it shoots great. I was able to get less than a 1 MOA 5 shoot group. Shot a small buck withit on opening day.

bigelk76

Marksman
Reaction score
I have both, a T3 in 270 WSM and several Remington 700. The bolt in the Tikka is so smooth and it shoots really well. I never had any trouble with the Remingtons, but I would recommend the Tikka.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you don't plan on upgrading anything on it - get the Tikka - I'm a huge fan of the T3 Lite.

About the only advantage Remington has over any other rifle makers now (in center-fire bolt-action) is the vast array of after-market parts - its essentially the Ruger 10/22 of the bolt-action world.

If you plan on swapping stocks, trigger, barrels, upgrading the recoil lug or bolt (or going with a different mag system)... get a 700 - it will be much cheaper in the long-run.

Latest posts

Top Bottom