Tmobile is going downhill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I've been having problems with my phone the past four days. I dont get cell signal at home anymore whatsoever.Yet, I get down the road 5 miles and I do. I dont know whats going on with Tmobile but this is getting ridiculous. They dont know how to fix the problem either. Its kinda like the dead zone about 400 yards down the road from me moved westward some. Then, when i go home about 1.5 miles from my house there is a low spot in the road and i lose signal there and never regain it. This really sucks.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Although I've only discussed cell providers less than a handful of times here, it should have been obvious I'm a T-Mobile fanboy. I've been with them since 1998 when Jamie Lee Curtis was doing their Voicestream commercials. Lately, though, I've been considering going elsewhere. I've noticed random black holes in their coverage that have never been there before. The way they handled the Galaxy S 3 launch last month was disgusting and embarrassing, luckily I found a good deal on one. So far, I absolutely love the phone. I love T-Mobile's "4G", as it's really fast, but again, I'm discovering more and more black holes in their coverage area. I get 4G at home and I have service way more often than not, but still less than what I used to even just a couple of years ago.

Unless things change for the better, this will probably be my last run with T-Mobile.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Although I've only discussed cell providers less than a handful of times here, it should have been obvious I'm a T-Mobile fanboy. I've been with them since 1998 when Jamie Lee Curtis was doing their Voicestream commercials. Lately, though, I've been considering going elsewhere. I've noticed random black holes in their coverage that have never been there before. The way they handled the Galaxy S 3 launch last month was disgusting and embarrassing, luckily I found a good deal on one. So far, I absolutely love the phone. I love T-Mobile's "4G", as it's really fast, but again, I'm discovering more and more black holes in their coverage area. I get 4G at home and I have service way more often than not, but still less than what I used to even just a couple of years ago.

Unless things change for the better, this will probably be my last run with T-Mobile.

See up until thursday PM I would get signal at home. Not anymore I dont. And of course every time i've called tmobile they put me in to somebody in india who doesnt know whats going on.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
See up until thursday PM I would get signal at home. Not anymore I dont. And of course every time i've called tmobile they put me in to somebody in india who doesnt know whats going on.

If you're in a contract still, you might want to look through for something stating that you can cancel without penalty since they no longer offer coverage at your home. I'm sure it's written much fancier than that, but definitely something to look into if this isn't just a temporary outage. Especially if T-Mobile is the only cell provider in your house and you do not have a landline, you've got a bit of a safety risk going on if you're unable to contact 911. Depending on your phone and whether or not you have a wireless router, you can activate your Wi-Fi calling.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Up until this year, I had been with Tmobile for yrs....I finally jumped ship and went with AT&T....at the time, there was no 4G available in the city yet they were willing to sell me a 4G phone....which was the other thing that made me leave....most of the time I was ready for an update, they just didn't have a phone that I wanted. I am on my fiance's family plan, I have a Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket on 4G LTE and coudln't be happier, this phone rocks and is FAST.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sprint works really good at my house...the woman has sprint and has zero issues. Doesnt boost mobile piggyback off sprints network??? That, or I go to US cellular.

Latest posts

Top Bottom