To Anyone Who Calls Themselves a Defender

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldGregg

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Frontline just published this documentary about the Uvalde shooting.

It's full of commentary from the folks who were tasked to defend the defenseless. These are real interviews with the people who were there.

Posting in /firearm training because we should all understand the quality of character it takes to act in a stressful or uncertain situation.

Inside the Uvalde Response (full documentary) | FRONTLINE

OldGregg

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw that. Riveting. At the very end they said the door that they were trying to get a Master Key for to get in, where 20 kids and gun fire was heard while waiting, was actually unlocked.
That happens at almost exactly 45 mins in the video. It gave me chills, too.

They say it was ~likely~ unlocked. Regardless, seems odd that step 1 was *get the keys* instead of *check the handle*.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That happens at almost exactly 45 mins in the video. It gave me chills, too.

They say it was ~likely~ unlocked. Regardless, seems odd that step 1 was *get the keys* instead of *check the handle*.
And they said that they 'tested' the key 'first' on a mechanical room to make sure it worked.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I must have missed it but did they say what happened to the girl in room 112 that called 911?
They didn't say. She said there are bodies all over the floor.

The biggest things I took from this mess.

No one took charge, no command post, and NO COMMUNICATION between officers separated from each other on scene or officers en route!

No one checked the door handle After looking a the architecture of the doors, I noticed each one was a fatal funnel being inset into the room away from the hallway.

This inset, kept any firmen's door breaching device from working because there was no space for leverage to open the door.

When they did approach the door in the first few minutes there, they were fired upon through the door and they all retreated.

The officers made mention of the fact there was no damage, bullet holes or blood and the eerie quietness of the entire school as if there were no one inside and there were no casualties or hostages. However, they did mention upon arrival, there was a lot of acrid smoke from obvious gunfire in the hallway still thick in the air.

Rescuing the kids through the window with covering firepower was one of the smartest things they did.

The police chief telling the media about their training and lack of funding for training.

Latest posts

Top Bottom