Tony Stewart hits, kills walking driver on sprint-car track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love how so many people who have never even been in a 900hp sprint car, let alone driven one on dirt, are now experts and know for certain that because Tony "gunned the throttle" (part of steering a sprint car btw, you know so you can dodge an object in the middle of the track) he intended to do something bad to this guy.

Just a small observation, Sir.

If your "driving " a 900hp sprinter, your going tooo slow, and need to get Out of the way.

You ride a 900hp sprinter on the edge of disaster, hopeing all your calculations, and preparations keep it on the ground.
Whether he intended to do it ...only he knows.

But, he's Still an" A"

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As with all professional sports today, [COLOR="[SIZE=5]Too much testosterone [/SIZE]#000080"][/COLOR] involved. The super macho, win at all cost, Im the best, etc with the added attention give them daily has ruined many a good man. Their egos and bank accounts grow so fast something like this is bound to happen. No need to watch this stuff for me. I've seen enough. I'll play some golf, shoot my firearms and be done with it.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The guy who wrote "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" sums it up for me.

If the guy hadn't left his car, he'd still be alive. A tragedy, but he has to bear some culpability for the accident.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I corner worked at an 8th mile asphalt oval for a while, I've seen drivers in the pits grab cheater bars and go after another driver. I've had to force off track drivers to stay in their cars while the wrecker was hooking them up. I've had to black flag drivers for turning another car under yellow over an accidental bump in a pass. I always enjoyed the craftsman truck series those guys were pro's when they came to town no stupid antics and if an accident happened no temper tantrums or fights. The legend car guys were pretty good too but the rest of the classes had some real hot heads.

Looks and sounds like Stewart was acting like a minor league short track bully if the track was under yellow there is no excuse for goosing the gas, and they should've gone red when numb nuts got out the car. Ward should have never gotten out of that car there was no reason too, stupid games = stupid prizes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom