Tony Stewart hits, kills walking driver on sprint-car track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seriously, that dude jumpin' out in traffic in the middle of a race?

Not smart. Just judging by that video, I am not gonna blame Tony Stewart.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

This right here. I'm sorry for his families loss but at the same time you jump out on a dirt track full of sprint cars...... Bad things can happen. It's racing there's an inherent danger that goes along with it. That danger level escalates when you jump out of your car in a turn and try to confront a guy who is still driving.

ousoonerfan22

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you're not seeing anything wrong with Stewart blipping the throttle when he gets close to the kid??? The media doesn't mention anything about either??? The kid was wrong but Stewarts not innocent in this deal.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So you're not seeing anything wrong with Stewart blipping the throttle when he gets close to the kid??? The media doesn't mention anything about either??? The kid was wrong but Stewarts not innocent in this deal.

The video is not enough to prove that Stewart "Blipped" his throttle. It's filmed from across a track full of race cars...all revving their engines.

The only thing it conclusively shows is the deceased walking on the track, dodging and lunging at cars.

1320 feet

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This just goes to show how the media can influence something! Listen to them, they know nothing about racing. They are trying to hang Steward now for something that is just racing. Like Junior said, there are people get killed every week somewhere in a racing accident and you never hear a word about it. Why now?

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The video is not enough to prove that Stewart "Blipped" his throttle. It's filmed from across a track full of race cars...all revving their engines.

The only thing it conclusively shows is the victim walking on the track(alive), then disappearing behind a car driven by Tony Stewart, then laying on the ground dead. He got killed somehow, right?

This is what we know and thats the question.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

The only thing it conclusively shows is the deceased walking on the track, dodging and lunging at cars.

This! I don't care either way what happens. I just love how everyone can tell for sure it was Stewart's car that revved its engine. Laughable. From the slow-mo video, looks like he had locked his brakes trying to stop to me.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This just goes to show how the media can influence something! Listen to them, they know nothing about racing. They are trying to hang Steward now for something that is just racing. Like Junior said, there are people get killed every week somewhere in a racing accident and you never hear a word about it. Why now?

Because one of the people involved is conisdered a celebrity in some circles.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sure Lurker, it shows him get hit, and killed, by Stewart's car but that by itself is not proof that TS "blipped" his engine and intentionally OR recklessly caused the guy's death. He might've he might not of.

My point was, anyone who thinks they can derive Stewart's intent from this video needs to contact the FBI and get a new day job because they're some kind of prodigy...

One thing I hate about racing...everyone who ever watched a race or stood next to a race car while shoving a corn-dog in their face thinks they are some kind of racing expert. So much so in this case that they'll watch a crappy amateur video and divine the engine RPM and Stewart's individual intent.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sure Lurker, it shows him get hit, and killed, by Stewart's car but that by itself is not proof that TS "blipped" his engine and intentionally OR recklessly caused the guy's death. He might've he might not of.

My point was, anyone who thinks they can derive Stewart's intent from this video needs to contact the FBI and get a new day job because they're some kind of prodigy...

One thing I hate about racing...everyone who ever watched a race or stood next to a race car while shoving a corn-dog in their face thinks they are some kind of racing expert. So much so in this case that they'll watch a crappy amateur video and divine the engine RPM and Stewart's individual intent.

I agree. But I think there should be an official investigation by Law enforcement. With Stewarts past and being a professional driver, I think charges are warrented and a judge and jury should decide.

Just going by what we know for certain, he was alive on the track, disappeared from veiw of camera, but not from witnesses, and then is shown dead. Intent may or may not have to be proven. Even a total accident can have a guilty verdict.

TS is also recovering from a broken leg, maybe a toxicology report may be warrented. Im sure some racers have raced under the influence, Jeremy Mayfeild comes to mind.

Latest posts

Top Bottom