Tony Stewart hits, kills walking driver on sprint-car track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cant imagine any judge or jury thinking a man getting out of a racecar and running around pissed off on a race track with race cars all over the place and then dies from a racecar hitting him could be any less responsible for his own death. Stewart may get beat in a civil suit by being 50% responsible but it didnt look like he criminally targeted the dude and point blank ran him down to kill him in front of all of those witnesses. Just a bad accident to me.

Yea , it might just come to the fact that Stewart is known for geting out of his car ...6-8 times , throwing helmets, assaults After the race (race fights.. ;) )

Some pretty damming comments on St's part, following other ..incidents

Looked like he was trying to scare the kid and was closer than he thought= negligent homicide

Phw

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree it was a stoopid road rage incident.
Pay close attention and Stewart gunned the engine just as he passed Ward and that caused the back end of the car to swing sideways and clip Ward.

Excessive testosterone levels all around.

Maybe Stewart gunned to move away, not to purposely fish tail into him. Ward was moving directly at him in the turn. Not likely he did a perfect fishtail on purpose in front of hundreds of spectators. In all likely hood it was a tragic accident.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Night race, guy in all black walking towards race cars(with limited visibility) doing about 40mph coming around a turn on a dirt track with plenty of ruts......I bet at least 5 out of 10 OSA members would have also ran into this guy(and that number is being generous). Don't get out of the car unless it is on fire or you are in serious jeopardy(NASCAR rules). Sad story with a tragic ending.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
wanna bet there is a 'no getting out of your car till track safety crews arrive' rule imposed very soon

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I can tell most y'all never even been to a race.
First it's not uncommon to get out when pushed out on a wall like he was.
2nd dude was hit by Stewart .
3rd Stewart made a complete WARNING lap around and then hit the dude.
But it will be hard to prove any intent. Only he knows. And he knows.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can tell most y'all never even been to a race.
First it's not uncommon to get out when pushed out on a wall like he was.
2nd dude was hit by Stewart .
3rd Stewart made a complete WARNING lap around and then hit the dude.
But it will be hard to prove any intent. Only he knows. And he knows.

Well, i've been very deeply involved in actual racing, or have raced in several different types of organized motorsports. (Dirt Track toilet bowl racin' , drag racing, Street racing, motorcycle, etc..etc)

#1 If anyone gets out of their car like that kid did YOU'RE A DUMBASS. He was showing his ass trying to act like a tough guy...there's no other way around it What the HELL was he gunna do?????. A human body CANNOT win a fight against a car...plain and simple!!! You stay in your **** untill the safety folks show up. That car is built to protect you. If he would have been in his car, he'd still be alive and probably have raced again that night after replacing some junk. (Yes, people get out, but you are not supposed to unless you're on fire or in imminent danger while staying in the car) If you wanna fight, go get him in the pits....that's what pit goons are for : )

#2 It kinda looks like the car was hit by the guy..or they at least met in the middle......just sayin. If THAT LITTLE bit of movement by TS's car got the kid, then he was WAYYYYYYYY too close to that car to NOT get hit.

#3 That's a smalllllll track. Look at the amount of time it took to make a lap even under caution. And Stewart was behind another car...did the OTHER guy plan on running the kid over too? TS didn't line up on him or anything, the kid came and met the car, not the other way around. Intent just wasn't there.

Yeah, Stewart has done the same thing on nascar tracks..and he was a dumbass too. Now, if he would have been injured or killed during one of those tirades, Yep...it woulda been his fault unless someone was proved to have lined up on him and run him over, but he would have still been partially at fault for being out of his damned car.

Whether TS was trying to spray him with dirt Or just swerving to try to miss him, or "seeing" the kid startled him or whatever isn't the issue...hell, there's a big chance he didn't even know the kid was there till it was too late...the issue was that kid was Out of his ride and WAY TOO DAMNED close to a group of moving cars and HE was the aggressor in the situation and his antics got him killed. HE was advancing into the car. He was RIGHT ON those cars and that was just too close and he paid for it.

I Feel bad for everyone involved.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks to me like the other guy put himself in a bad spot and got whacked. Had he not moved away from his car and charged toward Tony I would be more considerate. But getting mad and charging toward oncoming traffic is stupid. Even if Tony lapped once he couldn't keep an eye on the guy the whole lap around and I would have assumed he stayed put instead of being 20 feet from where he last stood.

Latest posts

Top Bottom