Torchy’s Tacos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They built both up here by me....Torchy's and Fuzzy's.

Had Fuzzy's in bricktown....its okay.

Will try Torchy's over the holiday.

*** If you guys want authentic...these are my two main Mexican Stores/ Restaurants/Carnceria...I think I spelled that wrong...oh well, I can speak a little Spanglish but I sure can't spell it.

Better be able to half way communicate somehow in these two.

El Rodeo...SW 29th between May and Portland.
Love....did I mention...LOVE..the buche, lingua, and barbacoa tacos. Weekends Menudo is awesome.

Michoacana...SW 29th. ...over towards Kentucky...elementary school by there..Heronville Elem. Anyways...Michoacana...authentic food and afterwards...the Mexican ice cream bars....can't drink a beer because I'm usually there at lunch during work days.

Tamales...across the street from El Rodeo. ....El Patio...Better order them now...few days before Christmas they're swamped with folks picking up their orders...very authentic. Same thing..you might want to speak some Spanglish.

**if you didn't know*** Spanglish is English mixed with Spanish.

Example. Lunch...English. Luncha...Spanglish...yes, most to all the Mexicans I know say..Luncha. Pronounced...lunch...a. If you used the real Spanish word...they might scratch their heads thinking..wtf???

Last edited:

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been to these place about....a Ga-million times. Never had any problems. Yes they are in questionable areas and the buildings are a little shabby. The folks going in and out of these stores are there for groceries and food. They aren't going to rob you.

Trust me....I've paid a lot of money to have my "beer gut" and these places have helped me expand my waist line.

I'm not scared there at all....now parts of Del City and Midwest City....I pack.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They built both up here by me....Torchy's and Fuzzy's.

Had Fuzzy's in bricktown....its okay.

Will try Torchy's over the holiday.

*** If you guys want authentic...these are my two main Mexican Stores/ Restaurants/Carnceria...I think I spelled that wrong...oh well, I can speak a little Spanglish but I sure can't spell it.

Better be able to half way communicate somehow in these two.

El Rodeo...SW 29th between May and Portland.
Love....did I mention...LOVE..the buche, lingua, and barbacoa tacos. Weekends Menudo is awesome.

Michoacana...SW 29th. ...over towards Kentucky...elementary school by there..Heronville Elem. Anyways...Michoacana...authentic food and afterwards...the Mexican ice cream bars....can't drink a beer because I'm usually there at lunch during work days.

Tamales...across the street from El Rodeo. ....El Patio...Better order them now...few days before Christmas they're swamped with folks picking up their orders...very authentic. Same thing..you might want to speak some Spanglish.

**if you didn't know*** Spanglish is English mixed with Spanish.

Example. Lunch...English. Luncha...Spanglish...yes, most to all the Mexicans I know say..Luncha. Pronounced...lunch...a. If you used the real Spanish word...they might scratch their heads thinking..wtf???

El rodeo and el patio are amazing.
El rodeo has a $10 carne asada deal with beans, rice and tortillas that will feed you lunch for 4 days. I've made myself sick eating too much of it cause it's crazy delish and I couldn't convince myself to stop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom