Trail Cam Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked the right stand this morning. Mature buck came cruising in from the upper left corner with his nose on the ground. Wasn’t stopping and crossed the trail just this side of the feeder. I grunted for him to stop just before he went out of sight on the right. 60 yds, DRT.

View attachment 424942

Great view!!! Where's the deer???

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of those feisty young bucks pushed my camera cock-eyed.

101_2396..jpg

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
im a little surprised i didnt see a few more familiar racks on cam, but id imagine theyll show up in the next week or two. they always do. as of now, the hit list is short. i only have 2 mature deer, both 6.5yo (presumed, but im almost positive theyre 6.5). and both are only on one cam- which is pretty odd for us.

this here is frank the tank. hes thinned down this year, but last year he was a good 100lbs heavier than any other deer we had. he honestly looked like a calf. i figured he had a thyroid issue and would die in the off season, haha. he was also really stupid last year, hopefully that trend continues cuz hes not safe this year.
IMG_0301.JPG

this is sleven. we have an impossible to erase 7-pointer gene on my place. theres always one, it always has seven points, they all look almost identical and their name is always sleven. he had seven points last year. he grew an 8th this year. hes not a monster, but any old deer is trophy to us.
IMG_1367.JPG

this hot mess doesnt have a name. but i like him very much. hes no older than 3.5yo . weve shot two of his recent ancestors that both went into the 160s and i think hes bigger now than either of them at that age.
IMG_1593.JPG

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe an overly aggressive buck tipped your feeder? I’ve seen some of your bucks. They are beasts, so it could happen. 🤔
If a buck could tip that thing over with almost 1000 lbs of feed . . . I'd really like to have a talk with him. :)

It's the camera though . . . I've had it happen here twice. I think I'm going to have to replace the camera stand.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If a buck could tip that thing over with almost 1000 lbs of feed . . . I'd really like to have a talk with him. :)

It's the camera though . . . I've had it happen here twice. I think I'm going to have to replace the camera stand.
I agree. My 1000# Boss Bucks appear to have a higher center of gravity than yours, and they’ve withstood some very high winds while empty and not gone over. You’d better be eating your wheaties if you intend to push them over while full.😳

Latest posts

Top Bottom