Trail Cam Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TC54

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yea he's been eating like a king!
Buck in the freezer for sure. I see plenty of does on that other one. You’re set brother. You won’t starve. Came at a good time. Love it.
My grandson sent me these tonight. Said he was moving one blind because hogs set in. I told him to get us one to barbecue. The other one is doing good. That is my buck hopefully . He shot that coon in the head with an arrow and camera caught it. He is never bored.

Attachments

• IMG_5812.jpeg
    IMG_5812.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5802.jpeg
    IMG_5802.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5831.jpeg
    IMG_5831.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5821.jpeg
    IMG_5821.jpeg
    70.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5766.jpeg
    IMG_5766.jpeg
    70.3 KB · Views: 0

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seeing a few bucks out during daylight in this thread gives me hope for rifle (gun) season. In September, my favorite trail cam photo had 8 bucks bigger than any I've ever harvested in OK (a beefy fork-horn last year) gathered around my only feeder with a camera plowing through 2K lbs of protein. Now, during daylight, I see one doe walk past it about once a day and a fork-horn to basket 8 take a sniff every 2nd or 3rd day. Maybe the rumor(s) about this year being weird are true.

TC54

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seeing a few bucks out during daylight in this thread gives me hope for rifle (gun) season. In September, my favorite trail cam photo had 8 bucks bigger than any I've ever harvested in OK (a beefy fork-horn last year) gathered around my only feeder with a camera plowing through 2K lbs of protein. Now, during daylight, I see one doe walk past it about once a day and a fork-horn to basket 8 take a sniff every 2nd or 3rd day. Maybe the rumor(s) about this year being weird are true.
I am with Mr. Meadows from Edmond Oklahoma . Better herd management creates bigger bucks. Over hunting an area is never good for the herd . I believe it’s exactly why we don’t see more deer during daytime hours. Most farmers where we hunt just want the deer gone. So harvesting does is no big deal. Plenty of them. Still good management of the does pays off also. You’re not showing up at the feeders and cams everyday. They learn quick. Then we are not trying to get a shot in the last light of the day. I would be curious as to what others have to say. There ideas .Thanks for letting me share my thoughts.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am with Mr. Meadows from Edmond Oklahoma . Better herd management creates bigger bucks. Over hunting an area is never good for the herd . I believe it’s exactly why we don’t see more deer during daytime hours. Most farmers where we hunt just want the deer gone. So harvesting does is no big deal. Plenty of them. Still good management of the does pays off also. You’re not showing up at the feeders and cams everyday. They learn quick. Then we are not trying to get a shot in the last light of the day. I would be curious as to what others have to say. There ideas .Thanks for letting me share my thoughts.
I have been thinking some a long these lines the other day while I was hunting I was thinking we sit in the same spots and put corn out in the same spots every year ( we do anyway) so I went looking around and found tracks where I never seen track’s before and where the tracks are i cannot see from where I sit I need one of the kids to sit in that spot or my spot to see if they are bypassing me and the feeder to go to their bedding area

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know this is sacrilege to say but try without feeders. We don’t use them and have no major hog issues and we see plenty of deer. I get this is not a popular hunting style but I have other strategies that seem to work. Such as setting up at connecting trails, making trails where none are, etc.

Maybe consider it.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know this is sacrilege to say but try without feeders. We don’t use them and have no major hog issues and we see plenty of deer. I get this is not a popular hunting style but I have other strategies that seem to work. Such as setting up at connecting trails, making trails where none are, etc.

Maybe consider it.
We tried this this year my son in law has corn I don’t son in law has deer I only see one or two when you hunt the timber full of acorns there are no trails lol

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pulled the card in the camera behind my house up there before heading home this morning, and I just checked it and got a surprise. The nice buck that’s been showing up infrequently was there IN THE DAYLIGHT yesterday evening. Evidently, there’s a doe he’s interested in, because he seemed to stay pretty close to her.
To be honest, I’m on the fence about shooting him, but I would like to at least “see” him.
IMG_0018.jpeg

IMG_0022.jpeg
IMG_0025.jpeg

IMG_0026.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom