Trail Cam Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since we're on the topic of cellular cameras, anyone have experience with the Cuddeback Cuddelink series? We've got 6 that just need to be setup(no easy feat). They aren't cheap but if we can 'daisy chain' up to 24 and on one phone plan for $10/month it'd be worth it.

WHAT IS CUDDELINK​

Not Wi-Fi, not cellular, CuddeLink is a private wireless network where up to 23 cameras send their images to a central home device. Camera-to-camera range is typically ¼ mile in a forest and increases as terrain opens. To further increase range CuddeLink cameras daisy-chain from camera to camera to transmit images 2 miles or more. With CuddeLink you can collect images on a single SD card or have them delivered to you via LTE.
Cuddeback can kiss my @ss. I’ll never buy their chit again and dog their chitty products every chance I get.***insert middle finger emoji here***

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My tripod doe is still hanging around and made it through season.

Tripod Doe.PNG

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t think all SD cards are necessarily of equal quality, but I call BS on Tactacam requiring a proprietary card. However, I went ahead and bought theirs for my camera. :anyone:
They're most definitely not of equal quality. But if they're high speed class 10 cards they should be fine. I will say that some of the issues I had with SpyPoint cameras were solved with replacing the SD card.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since we're on the topic of cellular cameras, anyone have experience with the Cuddeback Cuddelink series? We've got 6 that just need to be setup(no easy feat). They aren't cheap but if we can 'daisy chain' up to 24 and on one phone plan for $10/month it'd be worth it.

WHAT IS CUDDELINK​

Not Wi-Fi, not cellular, CuddeLink is a private wireless network where up to 23 cameras send their images to a central home device. Camera-to-camera range is typically ¼ mile in a forest and increases as terrain opens. To further increase range CuddeLink cameras daisy-chain from camera to camera to transmit images 2 miles or more. With CuddeLink you can collect images on a single SD card or have them delivered to you via LTE.
I've looked at them before, but the initial cost was more than I wanted to invest at the time. I guess it would ultimately depend on overall total costs for data plans and comparing that to what I've paid most recently.

huntemup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We’ve only had Easton a year and a half, so last spring was his try at shed hunting. He found one on his own. I tried to set him up for success and placed a few to make it easy for him, but he just ran by most of them. :rolleyes2
He come along way since then, so I have high hopes he’ll be more observant this year.
View attachment 454124
Boykin? From an Oklahoma breeder?

Latest posts

Top Bottom