Trail Cam Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Boykin? From an Oklahoma breeder?
I have a female Boykin from south Louisiana, but I got Easton through a rehome deal. He’s supposed to be registered Boykin, but the guy couldn’t produce papers or even tell me who the breeder was. He’s not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he’s a sweet boy.🤣

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a female Boykin from south Louisiana, but I got Easton through a rehome deal. He’s supposed to be registered Boykin, but the guy couldn’t produce papers or even tell me who the breeder was. He’s not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he’s a sweet boy.🤣
The guy or the dog?

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lazy does, Tails up, the ultra rare unicorn buck, and a mangy mutt!

00000825.JPG
00000818.JPG
00001057.JPG
00000187.JPG
MUD_0700.JPG

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you ever noticed how you see deer graze around cows and not hogs. I unlocked the steering on my Kaw the other night and turned her loose. She found the gas can then a small herd of deer came in. They don't really compete for food source so I guess they're just ok around one another. I know this sounds crazier than it looks but I often ride my Kaw kind of like John Boy on THE WALTONS. I can ride my Kaw down dirt roads and see deer grazing but when I see someone riding a hog it just doesn't look right. The deer always scatter because the hogs are noisy. But at least my Kaw seems unaffected by the hogs. Probably because I've conditioned her to noise like John Boy Walton did when he rode his cow to the saw mill.

KLR w deer close.JPG

KLR w deer.JPG

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The guy or the dog?
Both. Easton is definitely mentally challenged, but anyone who would give up a dog as sweet and good natured as Easton is an idiot. When we got Easton, he was supposedly 3, potty trained, very calm, and doesn’t bother or chew on anything. Bonnie, our female Boykin, is almost 11 and still chews holes in blankets and bed spreads.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m building “cages” around my cameras tomorrow, because some folks can’t keep their d@mn cows in. :censored:
View attachment 456086
View attachment 456087
I got cow pics all the time from our Salt Fork place. Told the neighbor I was going to start charging pasture rent and send him a feed bill if he didn't keep his fences up nicely.
He's doing better. I let him in to bale the weeds every summer for free, so we do work together.

Latest posts

Top Bottom