Trail Cam Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Has to be due to some environmental influence(s) being as we are seeing the same thing across a large geographical area.

Odd that the previous 2 years, we were all seeing bucks with antlers up into April and talking about how late they were hanging on, now we are at the opposite end of the spectrum.
Mine have always hung on to them late March/Aprilish. I've never seen one this early, and have a bunch with both sides still. Do you have more than one missing both?

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
these guys are on my radar now......tearing up the place.

2022-12-23.png

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine have always hung on to them late March/Aprilish. I've never seen one this early, and have a bunch with both sides still. Do you have more than one missing both?
Yep. The wide buck, a basket 8 and now a bigger, 3 1/2 year old 8 has lost both sides.

Good thing we are not hunting doe right now or we’d have to be real careful.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
these guys are on my radar now......tearing up the place.

View attachment 331892
I waged war on beavers on my place a couple years ago. Ended up killing 8 that winter and my neighbor got the last one while hunting antlers on my place last April. Haven’t seen a beaver since.

Best thing for hunting them is a thermal scope. Bust a small hole in their dam and sit over at the side and wait starting around 10:00pm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom