Trail Cam Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just bragging to someone yesterday about how well my lawnmower battery has been working on one of my cams. It's been on a feed site since June, we'll it's low this morning lol. All of mine have been taking pics this morning. Looks like just snow, no ice around here or where the cams are either.
The reason I say ice is because this is the last picture I got off one of them.
920AB4A4-AE6C-4BD9-9243-3B485886E77A.jpeg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I e got one that has dead batteries. Once the battery indicator goes red, I have about three days to get them changed. Haven’t had a chance to get up there.
The coons have spun the other one around and the test pic was a view of the thick stuff behind it.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My cell cams are working. Got several pic’s during the night of deer crossing the yard.
The solar panels I got for the cam has internal batteries, and I’m running rechargeables in the cam so the solar panel keeps them charged up as well.
I could be wrong, but I’m not think my issue is with battery life. The last pictures show them to be fully charged.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an issue with moisture getting on the camera lens early in the morning making it gray out.
I was cleaning up the reloading bench today and saw a packet of anti fog stuff that probably came with a scope that got put out on the bench.
Thinking seriously about using that on the cell cams to see if it eliminates or helps that issue.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has to be due to some environmental influence(s) being as we are seeing the same thing across a large geographical area.

Odd that the previous 2 years, we were all seeing bucks with antlers up into April and talking about how late they were hanging on, now we are at the opposite end of the spectrum.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has to be due to some environmental influence(s) being as we are seeing the same thing across a large geographical area.

Odd that the previous 2 years, we were all seeing bucks with antlers up into April and talking about how late they were hanging on, now we are at the opposite end of the spectrum.
I have to agree with the pics in your area. Other folks on other forums are seeing the same early drops. Unless they have major injuries, they typically keep them attached until spring.
Ours are still sporting full headgear but yours are not.
I'd love to hear a biologist theory on why this is happening.

Latest posts

Top Bottom