Trail Cam Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All of my trail cameras are SD card type. I am thinking of getting a Cell service type. I know in my current hunting area ATT is spotty at best and my current carrier Verizon is only slightly better. My current cameras are Browning after having sorry luck with Moultrie. I don’t want to spend a lot $$ on this test SO what cameras and service (cost) has worked for you?

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Spypoint has been giving me fits, full batteries and everything. Still wont stop "powering on". Going a different direction for next season for sure.
Definitely aggravating. I think my Spypoints are schizophrenic . . . they work great for a few weeks and then nothing. Then they start back up again.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I waged war on beavers on my place a couple years ago. Ended up killing 8 that winter and my neighbor got the last one while hunting antlers on my place last April. Haven’t seen a beaver since.

Best thing for hunting them is a thermal scope. Bust a small hole in their dam and sit over at the side and wait starting around 10:00pm.
I trapped 5 or 6 a couple of years ago and thought I wiped them out but I seem to have more now. I think the creek replenishes them in my slew where they tend to home up. The lodge on the edge of the slew has grown larger I was thinking of using some tannerite on it to discourage them.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This dude appears to be in great shape . . . glad he made it through the season.

PICT9073_202301061301hR351.jpg

PICT9009_2023010604593O0DN.jpg

Here he is on another camera a mile south of the one above on Christmas.

Screenshot 2023-01-06 100722.jpg

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom