Traps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If your talking about a live trap, I'd go to tractor supply or someplace that sells the havaheart traps, and copy it.
The havaheart traps are the cheapest, and it shows when catching a boar coon. they rip them up. I've seen some homemade traps that will not allow that to happen.
Unfortunatly I have the havahearts. Have to spend some time repairing them on occasion.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
look on craigslist tulsa under live traps someone made one with a 55 gallon drum and it looks pretty good thought about buying it for coyote.

I've personally never trapped coyote in a live trap, and talked to a guy tonight that has been trapping for 30+ years.
He said coyotes are the hardest to trap, as they are so smell sensitive, that one has to be scent free to get them, and we all know how hard that can be.
His advice is to suit up in something scent free, and set leg hold traps in a dirt hole set that can bee seen from a road, so that you don't have to get back into the area.
Just what I've heard.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Put out some steel traps on a little private land I can trap last weekend, and had one stepped on but not tripped, and one dug up today by coyotes; they are really hard to catch, when you get one you will feel like you accomplished something, at least I did.

Latest posts

Top Bottom