Traps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Put out some steel traps on a little private land I can trap last weekend, and had one stepped on but not tripped, and one dug up today by coyotes; they are really hard to catch, when you get one you will feel like you accomplished something, at least I did.

Again, I'm not the expert, but from listining to those that are, the trapped tripped could be a beaver with large feet. they won't hit the pan right, or could be a bobcat, as they and for the others, want some fresh meat. :D:D

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm the proud owner of those traps:D They are in the field as we speak.

hahahahaha DENNIS you bought those before a buddy and i did. we had called the guy up and then that bad weather slowed us down to get with him. went to go talk to him last saturday and he said he sold them all...LOL.

i told my friend about all your trapping and showed him your pics and i said "i could ask dennis if he knows where we might be able to run across"...LMAO!!!

well i will keep searching. after looking on here and another forum about trapping i sure am getting the itch to try this out. never in my life have attempted but sure am curious to see what i might be able to snag. any one got advice on what to start out with as far traps. i got all kinds of critters behind the house......

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I shoulda posted a picture of the cat I got in a livetrap night before last. Fat bastard could barely fit in the trap. It was a big fat gray barn cat. Sumbitch kept jumping in the back of my truck at night and pissing all over my duck decoys! I don't know what he has against duck hunting, but he sure liked to R. Kelly my decoys. He has since been uh... relocated.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
nvrsatisfied, you might try some 1.75 range coilsprings, they will hold a good percentage of what you will catch, though they are not the best for coyotes/bobcats, also good for coons and others except beaver. They have to be offset jaws in OK, and you will have to post signs unless on your own property I think.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
hahahahaha DENNIS you bought those before a buddy and i did. we had called the guy up and then that bad weather slowed us down to get with him. went to go talk to him last saturday and he said he sold them all...LOL.

i told my friend about all your trapping and showed him your pics and i said "i could ask dennis if he knows where we might be able to run across"...LMAO!!!

well i will keep searching. after looking on here and another forum about trapping i sure am getting the itch to try this out. never in my life have attempted but sure am curious to see what i might be able to snag. any one got advice on what to start out with as far traps. i got all kinds of critters behind the house......

My trapping buddy ran onto them, and called the guy. We split the cost on them. Really good traps. The previous owner died after using them one season, and the widow wanted this guy to sell them for her.
For starting out, the live traps are the easiest. Coons, possums and skunks are super simple to catch.(this is currently the level we are at)
When you go further up the food chain to cats and coyotes, one needs to gain a lot more trapping experience.
Talking to the fur buyer yesterday, he said he has only heard of one coyote caught in a live trap, and it was sickly.

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i don't know if i'm helping you any here but went to the local Atwoods here in stillwater and picked up two live traps for about $35. they were a bundle pack seemed to be built good to me and that is worth time/labor/parts in my book. the big one is about 14"x14" and 30" deep, the other is about 8"x8" and 16" deep?? picked them up took'em home and set'em now i'm just waiting...

TRAPPERCB--- thanks for the info. made a deal with a buddy and we picked up 12 off a website for about $80....

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i don't know if i'm helping you any here but went to the local Atwoods here in stillwater and picked up two live traps for about $35. they were a bundle pack seemed to be built good to me and that is worth time/labor/parts in my book. the big one is about 14"x14" and 30" deep, the other is about 8"x8" and 16" deep?? picked them up took'em home and set'em now i'm just waiting...

TRAPPERCB--- thanks for the info. made a deal with a buddy and we picked up 12 off a website for about $80....

That 8X8 is ideal for clearing a neighboorhood of squirrels. My buddy that lives in town was getting over ran from squirrels, so he borrowed mine that came in the same combo that you found. He and his 4 yr old have trapped and relocated 30 some this winter. They have been taking them out to Lake Ponca and releasing them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom