traveling workers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

climbtothebeet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I plan on traveling to various states to work, ( i am currently going to school to be a welder) is it still cool to carry in the states i work in provided that they allow oklahoma's permit? My permanent address will remain in oklahoma, but i will be out of state the majority of the time for a few years.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, if they honor the OK permit. However, word of wisdom, know their carry laws. IE, some states allow carry in bars, some don't, some allow carry at church, some don't, some allow carry at banks some don't, etc.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
It wouldn't be a bad idea to keep a copy of the state's laws printed out and with you so you can check on things whenever you need to. The OK SDA is not that long, and since you are carrying under the rules of that law, it's well worth the read.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For your enlightenment (and for others interested as well), here is a link to the website of the OSBI.

http://www.ok.gov/osbi/

To the left of the home page is a row of buttons, one of which is for the Concealed Carry information. Once you click on that button, you get another page and to the left of that pages is a button labeled "Reciprocity". Click that one and it lists the states that have reciprocity with Oklahoma. In addition, many if not all (I haven't linked to all yet) of the names of the states are an active link to that state's CCW information. You will notice that the links will take you to that state's own website.

If you aren't a lawyer or judge, I feel for you. Sheesh! I hate legalese.

Latest posts

Top Bottom