Tri City Gun Club's New $125 Initiation Fee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkivbb

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TCGC is a great range. I've been a member for 7-8 years now and it's definitely become one of the nicer outdoor ranges I've used. True its not the "best", but the facilities are all updated and very nice, and they are constantly expanding. The only gripe one could really have is that the rifle range could be longer, but still, 200 yards is definitely more than enough for most practical use. And for $10 per month, you really cannot complain. Even with the new initiation fee, I wouldn't worry much. Still a great deal, especially if you live in Norman/Moore/OKC. Then the fact that you can take as many guests as you want, as long as you are supervising them is awesome too. Some other clubs only allow you to take like 1 person every 6 months 1 time, right?

OKC03Cobra

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TCGC is a great range. I've been a member for 7-8 years now and it's definitely become one of the nicer outdoor ranges I've used. True its not the "best", but the facilities are all updated and very nice, and they are constantly expanding. The only gripe one could really have is that the rifle range could be longer, but still, 200 yards is definitely more than enough for most practical use. And for $10 per month, you really cannot complain. Even with the new initiation fee, I wouldn't worry much. Still a great deal, especially if you live in Norman/Moore/OKC. Then the fact that you can take as many guests as you want, as long as you are supervising them is awesome too. Some other clubs only allow you to take like 1 person every 6 months 1 time, right?

Those are rather moot points when you cannot even get on a waiting list for membership until at least 2014.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those are rather moot points when you cannot even get on a waiting list for membership until at least 2014.

It's worth the wait. I was on the waiting list for a good year before I got in. One benefit of the membership limit is that it's not a friggin' madhouse on the weekends. I went out a couple weekends back on a cold day, and I was the only one out there. Takes all the fun out of shooting if you're having to coordinate with other shooters and take a break and step back from the line every time someone wants to check a target.

sumoslam62

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's worth the wait. I was on the waiting list for a good year before I got in. One benefit of the membership limit is that it's not a friggin' madhouse on the weekends. I went out a couple weekends back on a cold day, and I was the only one out there. Takes all the fun out of shooting if you're having to coordinate with other shooters and take a break and step back from the line every time someone wants to check a target.

I totally agree! I was lucky enough to only have to wait a year on the list to get in. I have been a member going on 4 years now and have worked and donated items becasue I think it is a GREAT range. I dont get to use the facilities as much as I would like since I am on the younger side of the membership and have younger kids that are very active in all sorts of activities and I coach a couple of my son's teams. My son is now 8 and almost ready to participate at the range with me! I can't wait.

I have a friend who is on his second year of waiting and he is impatient too, he continues to try and call/email every couple months to see where he stands with regards to his membership. I think he has resigned himself to the fact that it may be another year...or more. I bring him to the range on occasion to twist the knife...er...help.

I'd say the only complaint I have is the 200 yd long range, during the renewal/orientation meetings I attended there was talk of expanding and putting in some longer range lanes. I hope that does happen as I would like to stretch the legs on a couple of my rifles a bit more. I am also getting the itch to try the archery range and get involed there. I love talking to the other members and learn all I can from reloading to shooting tips/tricks and VERY HAPPY to be a member. Even on busy days it's not a mad house like somene above posted.

SuMo

OKC03Cobra

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That may be, but now it's one year to get on the list and then another year to be accepted for membership

dwkennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In ancient times I joined and was immediately promoted to regular member, because there were so few members at the time. We had a 200 yd. rifle range back then too, and there was talk about making it longer.

I like the new bathroom & the new range covers... I appreciate all the work people put in to get those built... I don't even mind having my dues go towards paying for them... but if I had my choice I'd sit on the ground under open sky, and pee on a bush if we could have a longer range.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been a member of TCGC for about 25 years and was one of the match directors for four years.

It's a pretty nice range and for me it's handy because it's only ten minutes from my front door to the range gate and when I go I also go early mornings on week days.

90% of the members are good people but like everywhere you go you've always got that 10%.

brotherbrown831

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to get on the waiting list when it opened back in January, I thought the wait would be much longer but I received an email today stating there is an opening for me. I am so excited to go to orientation this weekend!

Latest posts

Top Bottom