Trout fishing at lake pretty water?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvmykalashnikov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Struck out on Friday am. Will try again this week sometime. Didn't see anybody catch any fish over about 2 hours.

Orange power bait rolled into ball and pinch on weight about 18" from end. Just let it sit on the bottom. We stocked our freezers many times from pretty water.

Here is a pic about 3 yrs old. In my zz top days.
The one in the middle is a 3 1/2lb male.
ai35.tinypic.com_2mhejxh.jpg

WRH1234

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this is the most fun place to fish esp. during the winter months.We use powerbait also but we have luck on just about any color but we use what we call "captain america".its the red white and blue stuff.you are allowed 2 poles so we usually throw out 1 pole with the power bait and cast with the other.REd rooster tails in 1/8 oz. can be deadly out there.i caught a 18" rainbow out there last year at about this time of year.You will need a okla. fishing lisc. and a city of sapulpa fishing lisc. and a trout permit.You can buy all but the ok. lisc. at the park headquarters.
P.s. we have better luck fishing the far east dock and cast out quite a ways towards the southeast.

A city of Sapulpa fishing license? ok found it...it's an annual permit that cost $10 because the city owns it and stocks it...but they were given the land for free...I like that..wait

Reloader27

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use the white power bait with the glitter in it with the best success. Some guys got ahold of some power worms from Missouri somewhere (they claimed they could only get them in Missouri and not at Bass Pro or anywhere) and they were catching them on each cast when nobody around them was catching anything. They hooked them a special way. They rigged one up for me and I caught a nice 3-pounder on the 2nd or 3rd cast. If anyone knows the power worms from Missouri I am talking about - please PM me. If you have to break ice out there do not fish that spot - you won't catch a thing. Just fish where there is no ice at all if you can.

Latest posts

Top Bottom